Hosting a Multiplayer session

marinemania

Hello,

I would like to host a multiplayer session in the near future. My reason is that I would like to beta a route containing content from very well known 3rd party Trainz sites.

The route in question is a very Overhauled version of Railfan722's WM East Sub. I decided that I wanted to contribute to the museum that is next to the railroad I volunteer for. However I want peoples opinions and I wanted to try a multiplayer session. At the end of all this I will make sure that all beta members get a final copy of the route.

I do have some important question (I haven't used multiplayer and this will be my first step into this area).

1). Will N3V host my route or will I have to provide a server?

2). Will N3V host a route that contains content that is not on the DLS?

3). Can I host a multiplayer session on my computer like in Flight Simulator X?

Cheers,

p.s. where can i find these RS-3's?
Screen_01.jpg

Good Morning marinemania
First off, to use a route/session in Multiplayer, all content used must be on either the Download Station, or built-in in Trainz, or installed through the 'DLC' sysem in TS12 SP1+. If the route, session, or any content used in either of these is not on the Download Station, built-in, or DLC then the multiplayer session will not load.

As you have modified the route, you will first need to obtain permission from the original author to release the route on the Download Station. You will also need to ensure that all content used on the route is from the Download Station, is built-in, or via the DLC system. Once the route is on the DLS, you will then be able to upload the session to the DLS (again, all content must be from the DLS, built-in, or from the DLC system). The session should already have had the multiplayer rule added to it.

Once the route and session are on the DLS, you will need to delete them from your Trainz install and download them from the DLS (please keep a backup of the originals before doing so), so as to ensure that you have the 'DLS' copy of the route and session. To run a multiplayer game, simply load the multiplayer session for the route.

The multiplayer games are 'hosted' on our iTrainz server, however you will still be the 'host' (as in, person in charge of the game).

Regards

Back