Narrow gauge screenshots

Oh my gosh! I made that second boxcab and completely forgot about it. I guess I'm a content creator now. (Pweiser did help me with it. I made the skin and he made the radiator grill.)

Oh my gosh! I made that second boxcab and completely forgot about it. I guess I'm a content creator now. (Pweiser did help me with it. I made the skin and he made the radiator grill.)

A very nice bit of kit bashing MeowRailroad. Thanks! Will you consider putting it on the DLS? If so you might want to change the sound file to <kuid:-25:982> "ALCo 251B Enginesound" since narrowgauge's shunter sound does not seem to be working in TANE ATM

BTW I also changed whecsailor's boxcab to that sound file and also changed the engine spec to <kuid2:45588:53006:1> "44 Tonner Configuration File" since whecsailor said that this was a GE 23 ton locomotive. This gives the locomotive a bit of pep. :D

Edit: Weight tests

Last edited:
Yeah, I notices all those errors... o_O
I'm not sure if I'll be able to work all of them out, though I was unsuccessful at downloadimg the common files though.

Nice shots Normhart, I'm definitely going to be running lots of narrow gauge stuff after I finish reinstall all of the content I got. :)

Yeah, I notices all those errors... o_O
I'm not sure if I'll be able to work all of them out, though I was unsuccessful at downloadimg the common files though.

These are way more intimidating than they actually are. I just went through and fixed the SG engine and the interior.

Here is what I did

In the Content Manager "Open for Editing" all three files 36NG, SG, and interior

Using PEV tools PM2IM go into each folder and convert/replace all the pm files (there is only one in each engine file but a bunch in the interior)

Next open AssetX and go into each folder and

>First in the right hand panel double click on the version number line and change the build to 3.5

>Next pull down the menu "Repair"

>Select Fix Textures, when it asks you if you want to delete some textures say NO

>Next go down the list of repair options and select each one except the Update Trainz Build

>When you go to the next asset in the left panel it will ask if you want to save say yes.

>Repeat these steps for each folder

Close AssetX and if it asks Save.

Go back to the CM and "Submit Edits"

Still a bunch of errors but take heart we are almost there.

Start with the interior, open the Errors and Warnings and move the window over to one side.

A bunch of stuff but if you look closely it turns out that almost all are errors relating to texture.txt files. What is happening is Mike left a bunch of texture.txt files that are not needed in the folder.

"Open For Editing... Show in Explorer" and the move that window to the other side.

Now delete each blahblahblah.texture.txt file in the explorer window that is listed in the Errors and Warnings window. (don't delete anything else)

Close both windows and "Submit Edits" and check "Errors and Warnings" again. There should only be a couple now.

One is something about controls. "Open For Editing... Show in Explorer"

Now double click the config.txt file and look for the word controls. After controls there is some blather about slugsmasher. That shouldn't be there it ought to be in the description. You can either delete that or cut and paste it up in the description section leaving the "".

Instead of saying controls what the entry (tag) should say is interior-controls-type and after some spaces "full" so type that in and make sure there isn't any stray "" marks floating around.

Save the config.txt and "Submit Edits"

Ta Da, that should have fixed the interior. Cool huh?

There might be an error about thumbnails if so Open For Editing than go up to the "Content" menu and select "Automatically generate thumbnail" and submit.

Now check the "Errors and Warnings" on the engines. You will see two texture.txt errors. Do the same thing you did for the ones above and delete the extra texture.txt files.

"Submit Edits" that should do it. All fixed. Yay!

If you screw this up it is no big deal, delete the assets and reinstall. Try again. :wave:

Last edited:
And a little paint...

BTW last page I suggested using the 44T sound and engine spec. from whecsailor's comments the GE 23T had a top speed of 15mph so the spec was a bad idea.

On further exposure the sound suggestion was a bad idea too. Now I am using <kuid2:103179:62909:1> AEC diesel railcar engine sounds (QR 2000 class) or <kuid2:126323:53056:1> General Electric 7FDL-12 enginesound which are... interesting if not exactly perfect.

Last edited:
Greetings from Romania!

Impressive work nomhart!

sGzwVTo.jpg

Z9uuXBN.jpg

PkYHNXP.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots Kegg. I like the look of your route so far. Keep up the excellent work on it.

Much Obliged! I still have a LONG way to go, but it's getting there. I still need to refine the setup of industries and a few other structures and businesses along the line. Mostly at Valley Wells and the Whitaker mine. (Still haven't decided on a final location for it yet) The yards in Panamint Jct need to be reworked and I need to make room for oil fueling facilities since the later locomotives are oil burners. I also plan to add period accurate wagon roads on the map that are also drivable and that includes the road to Panamint City before it was washed out right down to raw bedrock in Surprise Canyon in the early 1980s.

Hey Normhart if you use Wayback machine you will find some sugar came steam tank engines that will go well with those.

Yes, I have many 2ft steam locomotives which I use on St. Barbara Island usually however NarrowGauge sent me a WIP of his new loco and I wanted to show it off. Hopefully someone is working on a modern OZ sugar cane route.

Last edited:
Dearnby: 1960'2 UK Mainline and 2ft Narrow Gauge

Some shots from this route (for details see the thread on Freeware Announcements). Locomotives and rolling stock loaned by the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways......

13028cbc3b2f5cb21b14489165e984df.jpg

7df0dea5cbbbd9d21e0b87c3019bb738.jpg

9dfdd9894536924d2ed89886b0493178.jpg

56fc0d951980c7e644e45e11480161f0.jpg

Back