Does not inspire confidence - TANE

NSWGR_46Class

Just call my Captain Rude
TANE is not even released yet and there already mistake in the advertising

Warwick to Wallangarra (United Kingdom, 1976)
Follow the QR Southern railway line through the Darling Downs and into Granite country, right to the border with New South Wales.

Did not know that the QR southern line was located in the UK = you live and learn

http://www.simulatorcentral.com/index.php/trainz-a-new-era-collector-s-edition.html

PS do I win the prize of a freebie copy for winning the pick the mistake competition

Does not inspire confidence - Posts like these

1px_f8fcff.png

Ship Simulator cross with Trainz? put the English Built locos on a barge and ship them to Australia then unload the barge and drive the routes in trainz..... LOL'ed!

Cheers.

Obviously someone has been busy, Warwick, Channel tunnel, possibly the TGV line through France? What comes next?

Cheerio John

Well, if North British, Hunslet or the likes of the famous Beyer Peacock & Company were still around today; they would certainly do that; and make an handsome profit!

Regards to new version; thank goodness they put proper Safe-working and Interlocking; a step forward in the right direction

Ship Simulator cross with Trainz? put the English Built locos on a barge and ship them to Australia then unload the barge and drive the routes in trainz..... LOL'ed!

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm sure excitement got the better of the proof reader.

Just took a look at the Wallangarra route on Google maps - looks like my kind of railway, meandering through hill country and 98km so a good length to drive. Roll on TANE!

It appears the typo has been corrected...

[h=3]Warwick to Wallangarra - (Australia 1990's)[/h]Follow the QR Southern railway line through the Darling Downs and into Granite country, right to the border with New South Wales.

There's another towards the bottom in the section about super elevated track :

It states : providing realistic "can't" .... "Can't" means your forbidden when used in a sentence ,
It should be "Cant" which is the correct term and which also refers to a naughty Cockney person :hehe:

Warwick to Wallangarra - (Australia 1990's)

Follow the QR Southern railway line through the Darling Downs and into Granite country, right to the border with New South Wales.

You mean they've cut back the scope of the project already, and there was I hoping for a few bits of English scenery near Warwick.

Sob Sob

John

If they can not get a web page proof read does not look good for the code checking - hope service packs come out as quick as they were with fixing the web pages and on a Aussie weekend as well

nope just checked its still there

[h=2]Deluxe & Collector's Edition Routes:[/h]
Avery - Drexel (United States, 1970's)
The Milwaukee Road route will run from the end of the electrification in Avery, across the Bitterroot mountains via the St Paul Pass, and all the way to the crew-change point at Alberton. It features Little Joe EF4 electrics and a huge range of seasonal rolling stock.

Warwick to Wallangarra (United Kingdom, 1976)

Biatorbagy to Tatabanya (Hungary, 2000s)
A section of the electrified double track mainline between Budapest and Vienna, featuring a wide variety of rail traffic.

Warwick to Wallangarra - (Australia 1990's)

Try refreshing your browser or clearing cookies as it had definitely gone

[h=3]Warwick to Wallangarra - (Australia 1990's)[/h] Follow the QR Southern railway line through the Darling Downs and into Granite country, right to the border with New South Wales.

Proofing text and what not has nothing to do with the code developers; Shame on the marketing department for not proofing text.

In my ancient, and more youthful days, I worked as a typesetter. It was a lot of work running out the text to galleys then having the crew proof and me then having to go back and redo stuff. That was before we used paper and laser printers so making a mistake was an expensive ordeal. The film cost, back 25 years ago, over $200 for a 150 foot roll. So, I learned the hard way... You need to make stuff right before it's posted. It's not saying I don't make typos, but I'm sure careful about it. It's now habit, I suppose.

I remember when TRS2006 was coming out. In the final days before the release, there were screen shots being posted up, with lots of fanfare and excitement, on the forums. I caught a ton of typos right in the game screens and was PM'ing Lance to get them fixed which they were as the team was getting right down to the wire.

Keep in mind that we're all human and mistakes will happen. At least they're fixing them.

John

I had a read through the shop page a few minutes after it went live (I was on my phone mind, had to go out in the afternoon), and didn't notice the mistake on Wallangarra till I read this thread... I did note the issue with "can't" instead of "cant", but didn't get back intime to report it. Rest assured, it has been forwarded on.

My point being, even getting someone to 'proof read' it isn't fool-proof. If this is the worst of our mistakes though, then we'll have done something well I think ;)

Regards
Zec

Back