Train not displaying

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
Ok, so I'm currently so I've been creating a train carriage in gmax, I've added all the associated attachment points such as a.limfront, a.limback, a.bog0 and a.bog1 and I then exported it into trainz, it gives me no errors as I've included a shadow mesh, and I think I've done everything by the book including remembering to tick the Autocreate box on the default mesh, but when I place the train in surveyor it simply refuses to show, not even the consist arrows show up.

So I check if it's a fault with the scale by creating a version of the carriage as a scenery object, so everything is fine with that the scale is right. I've checked if the carriage is orientated the right way in gmax so the front of the carriage faces to the left when viewed in the right hand viewport. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

By the way I'm using TS10 in compatibility mode.

Last edited:
Have you got the tags correct in the config file, especially the enginespec, engine and kind tags? (also check the interior tag)

Shane

Have you got the tags correct in the config file, especially the enginespec, engine and kind tags? (also check the interior tag)

Shane

I've set it all up in Content Creator Place, so the tags should hopefully be correct, I haven't included an interior due to it being a carriage rather than a driving trailer.

It may still be worth checking though - I seem to recall things like that happening when either the enginespec or the interior tags are missing.

Shane

Before you exported the mesh from Gmax did you remember to link all the mesh parts to 1 common part , i.e. all the separate parts linked to the body shell or roof etc. ?

I'm sorry to sound obtuse, but what do you mean by linked?

This gets even stranger, so I saved the CDP file from TS10 and transfered it into TS12, it seems to work fine in TS12, everything displays like it should, it just won't play ball in TS10.

You don't have to link all the meshes. The linking (directly or indirectly) of everything to a common base dummy (like b.r.base) is only required for objects using animations.

Peter

Well if that's the case then the tutorial I followed when I first started in Gmax was apparently wrong .....
But prior to that I followed another tutorial where I didn't link and the train had parts spread away from it when it was imported into the game ?!
At that time I already knew about correctly configured config files due to the many reskins I'd already done so it wasn't that either ?!

Needless to say it's how I construct my train vehicles(and will continue to do so) and I've not had any problems yet !

Bit of update regarding the train, I'm going to have to have export it into TS12 rather than TS10, I didn't want to as this reduces the user range and TS12 can be a real finicky sod, but needs must. Thankfully it's quite a simple model.

Back