Multiplayer Down

Lewiscc65

It just sits there saying "Querying itrainz for multiplayer game listing, please wait." It has said this for 2 days now lets get it fixed please.

This is one of the reasons the current MP system in Trainz, for the lack of a better phrase, sucks.

You have to rely on a server being up to be able to join another player. I can understand that this is to check content against the DLS. But couldn't the system just look at the asset and say "This isn't locally modified, it's good to go." Or have it check the DLS, then allow you to direct connect to the session host.

This whole use our server to join his server thing works only if the servers are reliable, which in Trainz's case they are not. This is how the PSN and XBox Live work. But then again they have MILLIONS to throw at servers.

What is it, every other weekend they go down?

Mean while in Run8, no issues with my server. Took it down for a game update this morning. But if Run8 Studios decided to jsut stop with Run8, our server would keep up. Run8's web site goes down, server stays up.

I love Trainz, and the MP could be fun, if it where reliable.

Anyone else having multiplayer lock up with the "Querying..." statement? My CMP > network diagnostics passed 100%.

It just sits there saying "Querying itrainz for multiplayer game listing, please wait." It has said this for 2 days now lets get it fixed please.

I think you should also specify it's the iPad version that everyone his having trouble with. I have Trainz 2 for iPad, and I can also say that this is happening to me. Multiplayer for iPad hasn't been working for 2 days now

John

It could be that NV3 is too busy creating the next version of Trainz that they don't have much time to work on the servers for the I-chat and multiplayer.
(T-ANE has to arrive on time, does't it?)

It could be that NV3 is too busy creating the next version of Trainz that they don't have much time to work on the servers for the I-chat and multiplayer.
(T-ANE has to arrive on time, does't it?)

Not busy enough to do the maintenance announced on June 11. I have not been able to connect on TS12 since that maintenance .

Okay, so I've now upgraded my TS12 to the very latest Service pack 1 hotfix, so I could see if I could have a go on Multiplayer as well. Am I also going to get the same problem with the thing getting stuck on an endless iTrainz query?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

If it IS broke, NV3 fix it!

Otherwise don't promote something and then not get to the root of the problem. This would cost you users of your various trainz games and they would go off to MSTS instead...

Last edited:
Good Morning All
I have spoken with our admin, and the multiplayer server is now back online. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this outage.

Regards

Back