Trainz D.A.R. Project

dragonharh

Acount Deleted
The DAR ( Dominion Atlantic Railway ) For Trainz12 The route its self runs 56 miles long, owned by WHRC ( Windsor and Hantsport Railway ) runs 2 gypsum quarries.

This is part of the Eastern Canadian Cordor project
Also See: http://www.dardpi.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=542&p=2856#p2856
dragonharh_20140618_0000_zpsbbce6c8b.jpg

I have no plans on releasing this project.

Last edited:
Looking good, D!! Especially that last one! D, I don't get out of Eastern Passage much, are these units really down there? Oh, I did manage to make it to the train museum. Dang it, the site said they opened June 1st. It's not going to open until July 1st. I don't feel too bad, I drove my truck down. I'd be a little ticked off if I had biked down! Still, wasted gas for nothing! Well, at least I got to look over the rolling stock.

Cheers D....Rick

Good Heavens!! The "new last one" has answered my question!

Last edited:
Mount Uniacke NS

The Mount Uniacke Station has been long gone sometime in the 70s but i couldn't find much on were it was so I made a guss and put a station on the spot i thot was the closes place were it was.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info, D! My gosh, I gotta get out more often. You know, I have never seen a covered hopper in real life, some of that other rolling stock I have also never seen. These days all I ever see is auto rack cars.

I might go past Windsor twice a year at the most. It's been about a year since my last trip down that way. I saw a few pieces of rolling stock. Most of them were some kind of "open passenger car" (sorry) that seemed like something you would see on a "tourist railroad" (again, sorry). I really know very little about what's going on around here in the railroad world. It's hard to even find much info on the Dartmouth Subdivision in the 1950's.

I'm living in the past, my friend! Way in the past! I really thought the DAR was still in operation . Since I saw those "open passenger cars" sitting in Windsor, I thought the WHRC WAS indeed some kind of "tourist railroad".

Some of your shots remind me of places I have not seen for awhile. You must be doing a great job on the route if you can make me feel like I've been to the locations in your shots!

Man, the last time I even made it to Windsor Junction, the station was still there! A couple of girls from there came into the shop a few months back and I asked them about it. I went out there years ago and measured and photographed it. It was a strange shade of faded purple at that time. I made a pretty good model of it. It was going to be part of my dream HO scale layout. That was as far as I got!

Thanks D....cheers...Rick

Here a DAR Video The 2nd NS Canada Route Honestly I never thot I see the day wen are part of Canada turns into trainz Thows passenger cars you saw are owned by WHRC and use to be a tutors train called the Evergreen Express it haven been in server in years they use to run it on sat & Sunday.
hines-whr-train1b.jpg

Thanks D. A lot of your video reminds me of areas I have not been to in awhile! Those are the cars I saw (small pic above video), although they had a different paint job when I saw them. Well bud, don't blink, when you open your eyes the whole province may be nothing but "rails to trails"! It's pretty sad, but at least you can go on the trails and think about the good old days.

Cheers....Rick

Welcome to Mount Uniacke
dragonharh_20140619_0001_zpsa8041e7b.jpg

The was built in 1884 and torn down sometime in late 60s early 70s it served DAR during that time there little info about it and it was really hard to find out much so i model it to the best i code to what it may have ones looked like even the size and scale are unknown I'm gussing this is about as close to the real thing as you get. the building is 70 feel long 25 high & 20 wide I have no idea is thats the real size or not like I said there no info on the station its self old a few pics.

The station was added to the route and put as a station that servers the WHRC as a rest stop

Last edited:
I don't know much about re-skinning or creating, but to me that looks like one of your better efforts! Nice one D!

Cheers... Rick

Its ok I'm not very good a reskins its just a simple crappy MS paint skin nothing really brag about I'm surprised I manged to fix the screw ups in the mesh on it this time WHRC 8046 is the only unit out of all the RS23s that was painted in WHRC ( Windsor and Hantsport Railway Company ) colors The rest wore lift in the Old CP colors with the logo and names painted over.

Seen Here:
pictures%5C97394%5CWHRC-8046%20MLW%20RS23,%20Hantsport,%20NS.jpg

Sorry about the missing screen shots something went screwy with photobucket.

Last edited:
Back