The end of World of Trainz

Phil_C

Trainz Feature Pioneer
Hello All
As most of you are aware I have been less than dedicated to Trainz these last few years. Recently I made the decision to end the World of Trainz website and remove all content from the site. I should have done it some time ago as I have been unable to offer customers and Trainzers in general the service they deserve.
To anyone who has had problems with my content either payware or freeware please accept my apology.

I started using Trainz back when UTC was available which was around 2003 I think. I started creating content soon after and really enjoyed the results however as time went on and the requirements for contents realism continued to increase I found myself with a dilemma. I did not have the time to learn to create realistic texturing due to ongoing engineering work in AutoCAD and 3d studio max. Due to the increased workload I found I had less and less time for Trainz and when this finally changed I found my content was so far behind that it would not be viable to update. I also found due to some issues with people trying to use my content in later versions of Trainz that my reputation had taken a beating.

Again I apologize to those of you who had issues with any of my content.

If anyone is interested I have a partially completed GP40-2W in max format.

Regards

Phil

Good day Phil, I am sorry to hear of your decision. Your engines and cabs pioneered great features. If I may humbly suggest, would you kindly consider allowing content creators with a proven track record to update and breathe new life into your creations? Geometrically wise they're excellent, just in need of new textures and perhaps a couple fixes. Just like Frank who packed up and left, his creations continue to live on thanks Chris' great work updating them.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Hello Phill:
Well OK..Thanks for all payware.
Any chance un-lock script so we/I can try to fix engine sound?
Ive updated all except that.
After engine reaches speed engine sound stops.
No big deal, Ill live..

Thanks for all your hard work Phil...

If you ever consider releasing your content to the community, I offer my services.

Thank you so much Phil! I really do enjoy your CSX AC6000. I want to thank you. I wish you good luck and hope things get better for you.

thanks for the time put into trainz, i enjoy my ac6000 a lot.

i do hope you consider releasing your content, no need to let good content just die. but the gse encrypted scripts are really whats holding this back.
don't let your work become vaporware!

Thanks for the help in the past Phil..hope you still have time to do things for yourself and plan on sticking around for the new release.

I did not have the time to learn to create realistic texturing

Things have progressed over the last few years, some of the latest software makes it as easy as pushing buttons :)

Take care.

Thanks for your content: I purchased some of your locomotives many years ago and I loved their features (engine start/stop, to name one). I also found your tutorial page very helpful to learn GMax.

Thank you Phil for all your contributions to the community! Your tutorial pages were instrumental in helping me learn Trainz content creation and GMAX. Best of luck to you in the future!!

Curtis

:cool: Thanks for your work and especially dedication to detailed interiors. Other than textures, you set the bar high for features and enginesounds available.

I have quite a few, about 50 and still run them.

Many thanks Phil , your tutorials where a major help when I first started to create content . Are they hosted anywhere else ?

I echo what the others said about your tutorials. You really need to have them available somewhere. Thank you very very much! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Dave Snow

Likewise I used Phils tutorials to get me started with Content Creating, for which I am eternally grateful. Thanks Phil.

Talking of which, the Tutorials are archived on the Wayback Machine, try 2013 or older, just had a quick look, few images may be missing though.

It is sad to see you go, Phil. I have 61 of your locomotives in 2006. I also moved many of them into 2010. I love them. It is a shame that Trainz "progress" has driven so many good creators into retirement.

Good luck in the future, whatever you do Phil, and many thanks for all of your contributions to our game over the years, freeware and Payware wise, you've been a star.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

You are a true trainz pioneer, Phil, like locos you could actually start up in the cab. Thanks for everything over the years.

Cheers

AJ

Back