The Checkrail Thread

Model Railroadz

mr_0020.jpg

All sidings are wood ties, and concrete ties are only on a few modern mainlines ... even today, concrete ties are not on a majority of RR's

Very nice, Dermmy! I look forward to any new routes from checkraill, seeing that the Clovis Sub and East Kentucky are already two of my favorites

I have a pile of WIP Amtrak Cascades stuff sitting on my hard drive, but no route to run them on! Perhaps someday in the future you could help me out with something along those lines... Until then, best of luck from the team over here!

Cheers

Model Railroads

mr_0038.jpg

mr_0037.jpg

Really loving this 'Model Railroadz' approach. Lotsa fun! The brick wall in the background of the second pic is not actually behind the layout, the wall is across an aisle. The area in the screenies is on an awkward one-sided peninsula with duck-under access only.

FWIW there's a bit of a hint as to the 'big picture' of exactly what's going on with this route in the second pic.....

:)

Last edited:
McCall Yard II

I suspect FSF is on to it (and I'm really surprised that nobody has picked it yet) but the 'model railroad' is a fully updated version of my old TRS04 McCall Yard route. Here's a blindingly obvious screenie:

mr_0041.jpg

McCall Yard II is a greener, fresher version of the original route. It is based entirely on the original - which makes it an impossibly big 'model' - but by totally eliminating all of the background and most of the foreground with 'sky' painted wall and fascia it is making the re-build incredibly quick! Most of the industries remain as per the original plus a few more have been squeezed into odd corners in true 'model railroad' style. The biggest change so far is the removal of the large paper mill complex, the 'aisle' between the main yard and the mill was just too narrow. The mill will re-appear though alongside the southern part of the original SP branch.

T:ANE is the obvious question, and the answer is 'No'. I tipped in my bit towards it's development and I think Tane looks great, it's potential looks huge, and I would love to run it. The fact is though that my rattly old computer simply won't even come close to running it and a new computer is not even on the horizon. This route will therefor of necessity be a TS10 route. I believe Pofig trees won't run in the newest version of the sim, but it seems that the good old Trunda trees are making a come-back, so it should be fairly easy to make a TS10 Compatibility Mode version which will maybe better suit the new program.

No release date in mind, but this one will be quick - it's already about a third done.....

:)

Last edited:
Once Tane is released, you may want to take a second look. I think if the performance tweaks keep coming that you might very well be able to run it. There are a ton more performance settings available and it is really looking good. Just a thought for the future Dermmy.

I wanted to say that but was not sure, post #141 and 143, remained of that with the bakery, nice work Andy, can't wait to run it, makes you feel any better, I am still in 09sp4, I really don't want to upgrade, I have 12 don't even play it, :wave:

Last edited:
Will there be a version without the walls and the stuff that makes it look like a model railroad? I'm not exactly the biggest fan of model railroading.

Back