The Checkrail Thread

What about the new 100lb track made by Jmann? Its on the DLS has welded and jointed rail both with rusty versions.

Only problem I can see is I believe his track is for 3.6 build? I know dermmy uses trainz 10, but I'm sure if you PM he could probably upload a back dated version. He is a very nice guy and was also talking about making a version with the ties misaligned for sidings and what not.

More EK3

d54a7d3c58d0575b3c12ed32ee3e9123.png

n8phu_20140316_0003_zpse7593549.png

n8phu_20131007_0011_zps734670bb.png

n8phu_20131007_0015_zpsb7817fd1.png

Untitled-1-39.jpg

Untitled-2-12.jpg

n8phu_20110311_0001.png

Last edited:
@ Ex and Chris - nice EK shotz!

What about the new 100lb track made by Jmann? Its on the DLS has welded and jointed rail both with rusty versions.

jmanntrack.jpg

@ chadd & trainman - thanks for the suggestion. This is the 3.6 version (which backdates to 3.3 without any problems) and I like it better than the 2.9 version, which is (to my eye) very dark. This is deffinitely the 'best' (opinion - yours may vary!) I have found in terms of visual appeal balanced against performance impact. I still reckon the rail is a bit 'dark', but I might play around with the textures a bit and see if I can't work something out. There is no 'rusty' version of this track, but it has an 'old' look that makes 'rusty' not really necessary. Thanks for the suggestion...

Andy ;)

How's this? Needs more work, but it is jmann's mesh, ballast and tie textures with rail texture lifted from George's 132lb track. I've had to chop the rail texture about a bit, but....

fishermann.jpg

Also did a 'rusty' version which also needs more work...

056.jpg

Fantastic, Andy! I just hope you don't plan on using jointed rail on your busier main lines. :hehe:

Yep, looks good to me:D the needs more work was killer a statement.:hehe: I'd love to get my work this good, and you're not done:D

To me a brand new, clean, milled RR tie just looks too immaculately unprototypical ... Most RR tracks are very dirty, greasy grimy, with a few ballast rocks and debris on top of the ties, every so often.

The staggered, uneven, misaligned ties track, just looks like much too shoddily laid RR ties.

Last edited:
Fantastic, Andy! I just hope you don't plan on using jointed rail on your busier main lines. :hehe:

Thanks for the comments guys!

@ Blake - this bit is the Kansas & Oklahoma shortline and I wanted a track that made it clearly different fromt the BNSF and UP main lines that I will get to - crikey - one day 'soon'...

:)

Back