Cumbres and Toltec TS12

ljaguilar

Lost aerospace student
My 11 year old brother is working on a C&T using fishlipsatwork's "DEM." Here are some screen shots of the progress.

Chama
1z6ruom.png

I know. The coaling tower needs to be moved.

The Narrows
1z2izy0.png

Lobato Trestle
10sg004.png

Windy Point
2vj39cg.png

Cumbres Pass
5cxg9f.png

Toltec Gorge
10zcrgz.png

Sublette
k2enfl.png

The Whip Lash
259zxvo.png

Lava, NM
2wcp1xz.png

Antonito
2h54dn5.png

Keep in mind that an 11-year old is building this. A few thing need to be tweaked. Including the Chama coaling tower, Lobato's high tree density, and Antonito building arrangement. Feedback is welcomed!!! (My brother and I are not "rivet counters." This route is not going to 100% accurate but it is going to be extremely close.)

Last edited:
Nice, neat looking trackwork ... I think the route is like 63 miles long and takes so many hours (the better part of a day) to get to the end of the line, a one way trip ... you get to the terminus so late, that a bus service ferries tourist back to the station.

When we went, we took the bus from Antonito to Chama and rode the train back. Best trip with our grandparents EVER!!!

Nice progress! Way better than my attempts (at least y'all got some track laid. I never did get that far :eek:)

Here is some advice:

Use the '[' and ']' keys when applying textures so they don't come out looking grid like (especially the rock textures). Also try mixing/blending different textures to help add more variety to the layout.

Also, don't get me started on the rivet counting. Lol. I have no right to intervene on that cause I'm working on my own route that is a hodgpodge of the Rio Grande Narrowgauge and not all to that exact.

I too have tackled Cumbres Pass. The C&TS will always hold a special place in my heart.

Keep up the great work!

My little brother is doing the route. I'm making custom whistles for all of the C&T locomotives. (All of which except for #484 are already on the DLS. #484's is going up soon.) Thanks for the feedback. Thad09, we will certainly take your advice. All that's left is the buildings and some fine tuning. Should be done in a couple of weeks. (Don't quote me on that!)

Action Shot 2!!!

2i0s07d.png

#487 and #497 crossing the Lobato Trestle.

(I know, the 497 reskin sucks, but it's better than nothing.

@tigerko15

Welcome to the forums!

That is a private reskin and the original author, Prowler901 does not allow others to redistribute with out prior consent. Its in the CoC here and copyright, blah, blah, blah. I don't remember the last time Prowler was here. Back in 2011? Anyway, you will need to fix his content in order for them to work for TS12. Search around here in the forums. There are several tutorials and others users that can help.

My brother is away, so I don't have any new Progress Shots. I do have a new ACTION SHOT!!!

2805g0j.png

#488 at Cumbres Pass. #487 is backing out on the "Y" to head back to Chama after acting as a helper.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know, the aspen trees came from trainzitalia in the Rollins Pass dependency pack.

I figured since aspen trees are the heart of the C&T that this would be important to know.

@tigerko15

Welcome to the forums!

That is a private reskin and the original author, Prowler901 does not allow others to redistribute with out prior consent. Its in the CoC here and copyright, blah, blah, blah. I don't remember the last time Prowler was here. Back in 2011? Anyway, you will need to fix his content in order for them to work for TS12. Search around here in the forums. There are several tutorials and others users that can help.

ok i didn't know i already made a reskin of prowler's k-37 its reallly cool.

-tigerko15

ok i didn't know i already made a reskin of prowler's k-37 its reallly cool.

-tigerko15
I made one too along with the 494 (using Klinger's skin-I think he got permission to release). I tried contacting Prowler but never got a response. That was several years ago.
*update* searched inside the config files of several of Prowler's assets and saw nothing about redistribution. I would still try to contact before you redistribute. I do believe that Togog will be designing/releasing the '37 class some time in the next few months. I know he just posted some pics of the '36's.

*side note* I highly recommend contacting the original author of any content before you re-upload anything unless stated otherwise. Its just courtesy, CoC, and copyright. Just a public service announcement.

*UPDATED*

Here is the license on the k-27 E-spec for reference:

You may not sell this package. You may not claim it as your own. You may not upload this to any other website without my permission.
If you wish to modify the mesh, contact me. You may repaint as long as you alias the original mesh. Do not include the mesh in your upload.
All items are presented as is, no warranty is included nor implied. I doubt this would cause any damage to your computer, but if it does I may not be held liable.
The contents of this package are copyright 2006 Todd Hohlenkamp, unless otherwise noted.
Thank you for your cooperation.

He may mean be talking about just the E-spec being uploaded w/o any changes or he may mean this as uploading it being edited. Either way, its best to contact before uploading. One does not want to be in hot water.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this project has been postponed due to lack of interest for the time being. It will be finished, but not for a while. My brother is working on another project as we speak. Right now, that has first priority apparently. C&TSRR WILL be finished, just not for a while.

Small Update: Chama and Antonito yards have been rearranged/improved.
Chama
2envvrq.png

Antonito
jk7q6s.png

Feedback Please!!!

The project that has been keeping this route away from completion is completed which means...C&TSRR will be back in the works. Still a lot to be done. Also, further updates will now be posted on the "Trainz Whistle Workz" thread in freeware announcements. THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE!!!

Back