Overhead wire frustration

rjhowie

I solved a prob with footbridge heights on another thread but have another query. Trying to aline the overhead cables is a nightmare. Trying to zoom in and position them is getting to be a niggle. Oh, it's okay sticking down the poles and built-in wires but when it comes to points or a junction I may give trying to connect a miss. Thankfully as my project is on a real system the suburban catenaries are a limited part of the thing. May just forget linking the wires above the points/junctions.

I change my trainzoptions file: -surveyorfov=35 for close up work ... -surveyorfov=55 for standard work ... surveyorfov=125 ... and upwards of =185 for distant fish eyed work.

If you can zoom in close enough AND view from a decent working angle, the overhead wire you are trying to join to the rest should snap into place when you get it near to its final position. This takes a bit of practice but is better than leaving the junction disconnected. The latter may look OK in Surveyor from a distance but every time you drive through the junction, you'll notice the gap from your cab.

Alan

By pressing and holding "shift", you can keep splines from joining like maga-natz

Naturally occurring magnetite ore was first discovered, when a farmer in Bulgaria was digging in his field, and he exclaimed: "Hey ... These rocks keep a stickin' to my shovel" !

Last edited:
Back