TS2010 slow graphics!

jules22

Hi O Knowledgable Ones!

Have had years of success with 2006, but 2010 never seems to work as well for me.

I have a complicated and detailed layout which takes a long time to load when you move to a different section (and even then not with all the detail), so much so that any train you are following has gone by the time the graphics have caught up. I wouldn't mind, but an equally detailed layout is coped with fine by 2006 and I had hoped 2010 would be an improvement, but not so.

My computer specs are as below, which should be ok? Any advice / settings etc. would be much appreciated.

Win 7 Ultimate / Service Pack 1
AM Athlon II x3 450 processor 3.20GHz
3.19 gig usable ram
Operating 32bit
Gainward GEFORCE GT640 2048MB

Jules

Hmmm, is this a triple core CPU, have a look at some of the reviews on Amazon UK, I appreciate that you don't live over here, but, it's a benchmark, nonetheless, apparently, someone said that he unlocked another core to make it a quad core, however, Trainz was only a dual core game to start with I think, 32 bit, so, possibly that's why it's so sluggish. I have a AMD Phenom II with 6mb cache, your CPU only shows as having 1.5 mb, best have a look under the hood, so to speak, your graphics card and OS are fine, RAM could be increased slightly to 4GB, or, even an 8GB, depends if you have the budget to expand your system a little, I'm no technical expert, by the way, I share your frustrations at times with PC specs and how the way the game should perform.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003YV64OI

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
Only cure if you can afford it is high speed broadband cable. The problem is not the CPU or GPU processing data, it's TADDaemon.exe phoning home, so if you have a slow internet connection it slows the rest of the game down. Experts will tell you that it doesn't access the internet unless you have content manager running, but my tests indicate that's a bunch of equine waste.

1982142_706121726098777_1974724874_n.jpg

Been about a year since I last tried Trainz (been playing better looking games that don't have all the performance problems) but I got this screen recently WITHOUT starting content manager, just starting the game itself. Last time I played trainz that kickstart thing didn't exist, so where did the ad come from if it didn't download from the internet when I started trainz for the first time in a year?

Anything after TRS2009 SP4 SHOULD add the minimum requirement for high speed cable internet connection, problem is nobody from N3V ever tested it on DSL.

Back