Old Glasgow Tram Route.

Thanks carr....it's a project that's been in limbo for a couple of years.
23lbivq.jpg
rjiqn8.jpg
20sf4up.jpg
33uwzgh.jpg
nejjac.jpg
j08dw6.jpg
a2opj.jpg
35iyhc3.jpg
vfulb7.jpg
2wgwrxv.jpg

Last edited:
First attempt at replicating an actual location.The busy junction at Duke St,High St and George St.
2me31j8.jpg
2lc7k78.jpg
14tmvd2.jpg
or846f.jpg
2r7wtuc.jpg
xe28a9.jpg
2v8fimq.jpg
k30ju8.jpg
34o82tc.jpg
2r475mp.jpg

Last edited:
Silversmith and JWEwan(tks for the kind words) clearly have more knowledge of "old" Glasgow than me and will spot the flaws in my first attempt at realism......The bending climb up High Street towards Castle street should be a bit steeper.....the descent to the Tolbooth steeple at the Trongate (still a WIP) should have started at the junction instead of Ingram Street.......the view along George Street towards St George's Parish Church,visible in the distance is a bit too long.

Hotgrove,

I travelled on the no 7 from Govan to school at Whitehill and I knew the area quite well in the 60s, but it`s a long time since I`ve been there, but you`ve most definitely got the atmosphere and feel of that area. Well done.

John

Hi, Hotgrove.

Thank you for another string of pics of your route. My mouse scroll wheel and scroll finger work overtime as I browse to and fro, admiring your placement and mix'n match of shops, buildings and the many touches of urban snd suburban life
Please carry on and double please for an eventual release.

Earlier in your thread we discussed the availability of other Glasgow PSVs on DLS. After the last reference I shot off at a tangent and got a bit bogged down in a matter that was causing some concern.

I intend to post a mini review of my mainly British trams and Trolleybuses since TRS2009. in the 'Bygone and Preserved Trams......."

I have never visited Scotland so my knowledge of Glasgow has been gleaned from books, video and, of course combined with valuable advice and guidance from rjhowie and JWEwan, both from Glasgow and RussellBenton from Paisley
Regards, Alan

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement kind sirs.As i said earlier in the thread,i would love the addition of those buses in the Glasgow livery but i'm unable to use any of them.Trainz shuts down as soon as i click on the ?......I have a suitable traffic region that i can use but it dosen't quite work with the trams running down the centre of the road.....I'm not following any maps (which i now regret) so it's a bit hit and miss and wont be accurate in any way.I will be relying on books and old video footage to capture locations that were destroyed by that horrendous road.As for an eventual release silversmith i'm not sure........there is no moving trafffic (as yet)....i'm not very adept with levers and portals etc and don't want to let anybody down with a route that will come with a bundle of errors and missing dependencies...........I will crack on regardless and could always send the route to anybody that wants a look......regards Stewart.

Hotgrove,

I travelled on the no 7 from Govan to school at Whitehill and I knew the area quite well in the 60s, but it`s a long time since I`ve been there, but you`ve most definitely got the atmosphere and feel of that area. Well done.

John

JWEwan, your knowledge of Glasgow is far superior to mine as i was born after the demise of the caurs.Having reached the High street,Duke street junction i have taken my route along George street as far as Queen street station but i plan on leaving this here for now and continue up Castle street.After searching for some old maps i'm still none the wiser where Castle street meets Springburn road.......the reason i ask is because i want to include the Royal Infirmary.......would you know if the trams run all the way past the old building before meeting Springburn Road or do they diverge before......at Glebe street for instance.

That would be a huge help JWEwan and would give me a degree of accuracy......a few screens going along George street to Queen street station.
k03w4l.jpg
z5ov4.jpg
eqy07m.jpg
13ynjuv.jpg
2chq8vq.jpg
iw435t.jpg
15qqafc.jpg
1498f0n.jpg
abnwac.jpg
ezkew9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to do this JWEwan.The link dosen't seem to be working at my end.Just trying to get the climb up Castle street as accurate as possible and where it runs into Springburn road.......regards Stewart.

A couple more from High street then heading up Castle street and past all the old buildings en route to Springburn road.
2d1k4nk.jpg
ouoyvq.jpg
xlyum8.jpg
15rjp79.jpg
jpdjky.jpg
2mrgsnq.jpg
2h3zvdj.jpg
29fn8h.jpg
9um5gk.jpg
33epyfr.jpg

Last edited:
Back