D&RGW reskins

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
First reskin Ive done in years. Since Im very much into the D&RGW and narrow gauging I thought I would work on some stuff to add to the growing 3 foot gauge users.

This shape is David111767's 30 inch reefer that I added 3 foot gauge trucks to and lettered for the D&RGW. it is not 100% as I could not find the right Rio Grande logo to use so I ended up having to use the one you see. Please let me know what yall think as I intend to do more.

Great reefer there!

A suggestion: Use the Flying Rio Grande or the Moffat Tunnel herald. The herald that you are using is mainly used on the SG side of the Rio. I understand that you cannot find the right logo, yet, this is a job well done! Now if David could go and raise the model just a tad and then we all will be set!

Here is a link to the font:

http://www.railsimstuff.com/fonts1.php

*Rivet counter mode disabled now*

I will see what I can do, I will not release it unless David gives me the ok, and even then I might ask him to release it himself, I also want to do some stuff with Ben Neal's 30 inch boxcars, but when I save the renumbers on his boxcar, the texture mapping gets messed up and all the textures load in the wrong places. Any one ever come across an issue like this? If it keeps happening, i will post a pic.

Thad, the reason I am not using the logo you suggested is that because most of these textures are 512x512x24, The correct logo is in turn....to large, It is so thick when its scaled down that you just can not read it and it wont do the car justice to have something on it that you cant read.

this is a good photo that shows why I didnt use that logo and used the normal Rio Grand logo

And how would one do that? trying to scale the logo down hasnt worked since the car textures are so small, how would I increase the size of the car textures?

Now if David could go and raise the model just a tad and then we all will be set!

I'd be happy to do that, unfortunately I no longer have the mesh file for that reefer.

Lost a lot of good things in the great computer crash of 2012 lol

-David

1024 x 1024 is about as big as you want to go, and as there are quite a few pixels on that image, fine detail will be possible, over that of a 32 x 32 pixel image.

Resized the texture to 1024x1024 and this is what happened to it.

No idea what to do at this point unless someone wants to try and help me figure this out.

Ok I figured out how to get it to work, and heres what I came up with in about 15 minutes. This is skined on Ben Neal's 30 inch boxcar which I also re trucked for 36 inch track.

Joshmeister,

The link I sent is actual a font that you can use and not an image. I've used it on several projects, yet, not yet in trainz.

Just messen around at this point, been getting a few pointers from Ben as well so I will take his hints into account as well as I get better at this, but for now here you go.

Back