ZecRail Trainz Content

About the W type carriages and the PL type carriages with the flat roofs (forgot the real name), How do you get them, as I only have E and W type carriages from the DLS.

And just an idea which I would like you (Zec) to consider. Maybe you could build interiors for bill's S, J, R, N, A2 and so on.:Y:

And here's something for you to consider;

Gimmiepig; noun - an individual you can't resist pestering others for things and/or information they can't have or are too lazy to get for themselves.

If you want to cabs for the VR locos, invest in a 3D modelling programme and do it yourself.

A grumpy Tim

Please, no use of that term in this thread. I really don't mind requests/ideas, so long as you're willing to understand that they may either no be done or may be a long way down the list :)

I still haven't made a decision on the M class. I'm leaning toward payware, but I'm not going to make a decision till later.

As to passenger stock. The only VR wooden passenger stock currently available are the E cars, W cars, American Saloon cars, and fixed wheel cars on the DLS. The PL cars weren't publicly released by the author, and I'm not sure if he ever plans to release them. There's no semi-elliptical roof W cars for Trainz at this time.

There's also an ABL car included with the Healesville route for T:ANE, and I've got a set of V cars in production, but they're on the back burner for a little while. :)

As to cab views, these are a rather large undertaking. If anything, they're the most complex part of a steam locomotive to create. My suggestion would be to use either the DD class cab view or the K class cab view with them, so as to have something VR (even if not an accurate cab for that particular loco) on them. The K class cab is actually relatively close to an A2 and N cab. I wouldn't mind upgrading some of Bill's models somewhere in time, and may look at cab views for them then, but that's a long way off (my interests have really taken to the earlier VR these days :) ).

Regards

I know I am amgreedy, thank you for the info timmy. And I can make my own cab interiors, I am just very lazy and choose to spend all my time downloading trains instead of making them.. It is not easy being me

So would you recommend me using the K cab for a basis, adding smoke deflectors up the front and putting those cabs onto Ad602000s K classes and Bills A2, I can modify the windows to only one window each side and the backwall, and put those in things like the R, J, N, and so on. Thank you for such a nice response to my question, I was just well, curious. And would it be possible to make an oil burning locomotive cab, because I would like to make a custom A2 cab for the oil burning ones and the oil burning J's. Unlike you I enjoy the 1950ish locomotives, they just symbolise rebellion for some reason. Thanks

Aidyn

Hi Aidyn
I don't have any plans to create extra versions of these cabs at this stage, they are simply too old for me to see any real point in working with them. If I were to do anything, I'd rebuild them from scratch to ensure they are up to my current standards.

If you wish to try adding extra meshes to create alternate versions, that's fine for your own personal use, however please do not release any modified versions of my content without first contacting me (note, I really don't want altered versions of the K class cab released, as they are exceedingly old and really need to be rebuilt). Same goes for other creator's content as well of course :)

I have been considering doing an updated version of Bill's A2 in the near future (Since I can also backdate them to earlier variants; including Canadian Red to run on the Healesville route for TANE). I have a half finished update of Bill's A2 here, but it needs quite a bit of work to get it finished, let alone building a cab view for it.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the 1950s stuff (in reality, I love all VR steam :) ), but right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge of building earlier stuff, and building content that isn't already available.

Also, if you have them, the cab view from black type 2 DD class locos is a good stand in on the A2 and K class locos (not counting the narrowness of the cab), and the DDe/D4 class so long as you don't look back. They all followed similar design principals :)

Regards

When I say 50's locos, I am referring to The J and R classes, as they are my favourite, I did not say that the N, A2 and K were my favourite.

Aidyn

Very well Zec, and I must apologise for my Rude behaviour in the last day, I have just had a rough week, and I noticed with the DD class locomotives, in the type 1 package, the fireman's injectors are very small, almost unable to be seen when in the drivers view, but from what I have seen in the type 2 pack, the Fireman's injector is visible. Is this to prototypical design or was it a design fault of the first pack?

And yes I very well would use the locomotive cabs to my own uses, as I have been scared out of asking you for permission to upload them by a landslide of people, The K class cab is rather old. I have had a look into the archives of this thread and it turns out there was someone asking for the R711 locomotive in the SRV blue and gold to be rereleased, (this is a suggestion) You could enable people in the newer versions of trains, to use R711. By putting the 09 engine spec in and converting it into Trainz 12. Bill's ones were amazing, but you expanded on that model of R727, by adding optional wheel sets, as Bills was only standard gauge, and working tail discs. Wow! If you were to (further down the track) bring back and rebuild older models, such as K103, as I am sure many people would enjoy it. If you were to raise the sides of the tender tank, add smoke deflectors, and reupload it as a rebuilt K class, it would be something people would, in my opinion. Be talking about for quite a bit. I encourage the fact that you are building older locomotives, as they have not been built yet. Do you and Azervich decide who builds which loco or do you just build whichever one you want.

Thanks

Aidyn

I build what ever I want :) , the era I model is also much earlier than Zec's, I like the 1854 to 1890 rollingstock and locomotives, their's a couple of other people building Vic stuff too, I also build 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 80's stuff too.

Cheers.

This is just a personal question, has one of you taken the driver experience package at any of the tourist railway's, I did it at the VGR on J549 and WOW, I will never forget it. And I have noticed J549's whistle sounds a lot different than that of J515 and j541, is it because it was visited with the whistle from another class of loco? No prize for the answer, but it would be very interesting to know.

Hi Aidyn
There's a bit more to fully releasing R711 now. The model is, put simply, getting tired. It was a very basic repaint/edit of Bill's R class, and has multiple errors in it. It's also quite inefficient, and in general needs a lot of work before I'd be happy to actually release it. It's something on my mind, but I'd just want to bring them up to current standard (which would involve fixing issues, adding more detail, and then making it more efficient as well).

As I noted, I'm considering the A2's (probably next year, but really, who knows), and I wouldn't mind doing a new K (have much better reference material now lol). And a new J, R, S. As well as a multitude of rolling stock for various periods, and a few diesels, and various other things as well. Unfortunately, time is always going to limit just how much I do :) Like Azza, I work on what I feel like/want at the time. At the moment, I want to work on a nice little tank loco (M class) to trundle along with 'suburban' style trains, along with a nice 2-8-0 compound (V class) for hauling freights. And some more DD class locos at some point lol

I've thought about the driver experience, but these days I just plan to work my way up to being qualified as a driver. Need to actually start doing engine cleaning, then work my way up to fireman (I'd be happy there TBH). At least I've got my boiler attendant qualification, that's the most important bit (apart from a 'safe working' qualification :) ). It's great fun to operate the stationary boiler at PBR's museum though, hard work if you need to run it 'hard', but a lot of fun!

As to whistle, this can be a multitude of factors. When it was built, who built it, how it was tuned, boiler pressure at the time, how warm/hot the whistle is, and how clean it is. I believe 549 runs with an 'odd' whistle, but it's difficult to confirm as they normally weren't stamped (being able to be changed between locos). There were a few different variants on the VR, with all newport built locos using the same basic design, whilst those built elsewhere were often slightly different designs.

Regards

Thank you Zec
If the M class was to have a custom interior, I would definitely recommend payware, as I cannot imagine the labour involved in making a cab interior, and you would need to reward yourself with a profit. I have modified interiors for my own use, but building a brand new cab would be hard work. Why are you considering making more DD class locos, are you going to make them as the subclasses or is it just different liveries? As the type one pack has all the liveries, except black, and type 2 has basically no difference, except maybe steam textures:)

R711 must have been hard to work with, as the mesh for R727 would not have been prototypical as R727 was a coal burner and R711 is an oil burner. Was the mesh edited or was it an entirely new tender? I have helped fire the K on the Mornington Railway while I was having a cab ride when I was younger, It is a great feeling and I can imagine how much fun you are having, I am a steamrail volunteer and I go around cleaning the carriages and locos. In my spare time there I tend to climb up into the cab of some of the locomotives and play trains for a bit.

Cheers

Aidyn

Why are you considering making more DD class locos, are you going to make them as the subclasses or is it just different liveries? As the type one pack has all the liveries, except black, and type 2 has basically no difference, except maybe steam textures:)

Actually the reason is most likely because there actually WERE many types of the DD class. Apart from the textures and smoke effects, you might notice some other minor changes to the actual design of the locomotive, such as the front of the running boards; they differ between the type 1 and 2. :)
These changes became more apparent when the reclassing to D1, D2 and D3 came about; the VR used the same pattern but modified it. The early, minor changes became the next Type while the major changes, such as new boilers, became the next Class :)

Cheers
Stevo

Back