ZecRail Trainz Content

Great job Zec, can't wait for its release on the DLS!

Cheers!
It's worth noting that this is destined to be payware. If you count DLC as being on the DLS then your statement is still plausible, but it will not be a free model(I have already received confirmation to that effect). I for one will buy it as soon as I find it's out.

Zec,

that cab view is starting to look great. This is definitely a DLC that I will have to purchase once it's available. If you do not mind me asking, would there be any additional liveries planned for this pack?

Hi Zec,

I m having a problem with some of your assets - unable to update
1. VR Lamp Mesh Library Kuid2:103475:60017:1
and
2. VR Coupler Mesh Library Kuid2:103475:60018:1
Dependencies show these to have updates available but cannot get assets to update and the original versions show as missing??
Any help to fix this problem would be appreciated as they are great items.

Butler,

Assuming you are running TS12 SP1HF4, this is a bug I have encountered many times. The only solution is to do a Full Database Repair and then restart your machine. Just proves Trainz is becoming more and more unstable as versions come, not the opposite.

Tim

Butler,

Assuming you are running TS12 SP1HF4, this is a bug I have encountered many times. The only solution is to do a Full Database Repair and then restart your machine. Just proves Trainz is becoming more and more unstable as versions come, not the opposite.

Tim

Thanks - Looks like an over-night job, damn and double damn!

Zec, that train looks GREAT!!! :mop::udrool::mop: All your loco's I've seen are very detailed. Keep up the great work, both modeling, and being a N3V worker Zec.

Hi All
Thanks, I'm looking forward to finishing the M class off, and being able to release it. I think everyone should have a bit of fun with it, I know I'm quite enjoying driving from the cab view on this one! :)

Butler57, try searching for then downloading the latest versions which are <KUID2:103475:60017:6> and <KUID2:103475:60018:7> as your CM may not be automatically detecting that there are newer revisions :)

Regards

Hi All
I put together a 'quick' preview video of the cab view of the M class 4-4-0T on the Healesville route in T:ANE :) Covers the run from Healesville to Tarrawarra, hauling about 5 passenger cars.

Note, the locomotive and cab view are still a WIP :)

Regards

Nice work. That whistle effect could do with some tinkering though. At the moment the sound is very hard and dry, cut sharp. Get yourself a multi-track editor like Audacity, or use Adobe Audition if you have the full suite. Duplicate the sound file on different tracks and stretch, echo, and octave shift some of them at a lower volume level. Give it that feeling of sound depth to mimic it breaking through the surroundings and it'll really compliment the visual handiwork.

Hi FSF
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, sound editing is definitely not in my skill set at the moment (I do intend to learn at some point). I opened up the sounds (the whistle is a 2 part, a 'start' file and a 'loop') and had a fiddle, and ended with a bird warbling at me...

I definitely want to get it sounding better, but honestly right now I just don't know how. However, I have asked a fellow Trainzer for some help, as he does some wonderful work with sounds :)

That said, this is an 'odd' sounding recording from the start. It's a recording of G41's whistle (a very shrill 'peanut' whistle, when fitted to the proper boiler - rated for 185PSI), mounted on a 70-80lb industrial boiler :p It had a very mellow sound compared to the prototype; which did come through in the recording. But I agree, it's still a very dry sharp sound (but nowhere near as bad as the prototype!). It's also fitted with a different valve to that on the M class, so it'd be nice to have a slightly more 'gradual' start to the whistle :p

Regards

Whistles aren't that hard to do. I managed to learn whistle making for trainz in a snap. Enginesounds are a complete different Koopa Shell.

Hello,

that’s a really nice working steam loco cab!!! I am just a bit envious :)
I wish I would have pushed my MILW-S3-Northern to that level but time can only spent once and I am still busy creating the route extension from Drexel to Alberton :)
I am looking forward to play with your route at the release version of T:ANE :)

Regards TUME

Hi All
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the landing at Gallipoli/Anzac Cove; I decided to create a session on the Healesville route (Which is set in approx 1915 during WW1), representing a troop train running from Healesville to Melbourne (well, Mooroolbark).

It's not 100% accurate (I don't know if one ran from Healesville; or when), but it is somewhat representative of the troop trains that operated during World War 1 across Victoria.

These trains carried new troops to Melbourne, or other destinations before they headed out to the war, many never to return. These trains also carried horses destined to serve alongside the Australian forces; including those for the Australian Light Horse. Beyond that though, it also represents those who couldn't fight (such as railwaymen who generally could not enlist; due to their role in the railways), but who still played a very important role in transporting the troops, and materials and animals, around Australia during the war. I believe many railwaymen eventually served in WW1 and WW2.
In this session, you'll be driving a DD class locomotive from Healesville to just beyond Mooroolbark. You'll stop at Yarra Glen and Lilydale along the way, with AI trains operating as well. Due to the inclusion of two horseboxes, carrying horses destined for the Australian Light Horse, your train is limited to 40MPH. Your train is also about 100 ton overloaded, so you'll need to work hard to make it over the grades.

A couple of screenshots from the session as well :)

TANE%202015-04-25%2017-34-03-56.jpg

TANE%202015-04-25%2021-04-57-35.jpg

You can download a 'beta' of the session here: http://www.zecrail.com/files/downloads/Up Troop Train - 1915.rar

I will say this. The session has had minimal testing, but it should play right through if you keep close to the timetable. If you have any issues, please let me know. I will keep tinkering with this for a while, as I would like to make some improvements. I've got some more appropriate passenger stock in development, so I may keep tinkering with it till that is finished as well.

To all who served (And serve to this day), I thank you for all that you have given and give to our great country.
Lest we forget.

Zec

Hello,

that’s a really nice working steam loco cab!!! I am just a bit envious :)
I wish I would have pushed my MILW-S3-Northern to that level but time can only spent once and I am still busy creating the route extension from Drexel to Alberton :)
I am looking forward to play with your route at the release version of T:ANE :)

Regards TUME

Hi Tume
Thank you, I'm really pleased with this one so far :)

I've actually added more, extra, sounds in the cab view now; with most controls having new recordings on them (recorded the 0-4-2ST Huddswell Clarke at Puffing Billy). I'm still working a few things in as well though.

This is only my 3rd proper cab view; with the DD class being my second (Albeit quite a few variations!), and my old K class being my first (now about 7 years old i think!). I do think the weathering makes a huge improvement over the previous cabs I've made though :)

One of the wonderful things though is that you can always come back and overhaul, or just upgrade, assets later.

Which reminds me... I have just uploaded some new versions of the VR Peanut Whistle hornsounds to the DLS. These have been re-worked, and greatly improved, by Steve Lerro. Thank you Steve for your great work, especially from such an average recording. They're a little 'crackly', but I actually kinda like this as it sounds like a cold whistle at times :) There's two versions, both are 3-part sounds. The first has an extra 'pop' at the end of the whistle, whilst the second one doesn't have the extra 'pop'.

Regards
Zec :)

Awesome screenshots Zec. Is there a planned release date for the M class? Has the DLS/DLC been confirmed yet?

Cheers.

Hi Aidyn
As noted a few times over the last few months, this one will definitely be payware.

As to a release date, I haven't set/announced one. I'm aiming for sometime in the next 1-2 months. But this depends on how long it takes to complete the required work. There's still quite a bit to do to this one. Plus I need to make the second variant, which will be air braked...

Regards

Back