ZecRail Trainz Content

Cheers Stevo

I would imagine why Aztec is making more DD class packs, as the splashes for the rear driving wheels are changed on the later types, and the thinness of the cab as well.

If I am correct, you made the CE guards vans in blue and gold, as well as the elipticall ( or whatever it is) roofed W type carriages, I saw it on the victrainz modellers group forums, and was wondering if you had made it?

Cheers

Aidyn

Oh and Zec, forgot to post this in the earlier post. (Another suggestion:D) The F horse box is complete I believe? You could make the FF horsebox, there is one at the puckapunyal tank museum near Seymour

Cheers

Aidyn

Zec made the CW's a long time ago, recently updating them and uploading them to the DLS. We have no CE. The blue and gold is simply a reskin of the CW that I know multiple people have made for themselves.

Stevo

Good Morning All
First up, please call me Zec. :)

As to the DD's :) The DD's had a whole heap of variations over their lives. My current type 1 and type 2 locos really only cover a very small number of locos (but were the main two I wanted at the time :p - although I would like to have the others in my collection as well ;) ), namely they cover a total of 4 locomotives now (3 for the Type 1, then the Type 2 covers those first 3 after having the running boards modified and DD 586 in it's as built condition). The type 3 covers a completely different set of numbers, and has the wider cab (along with other changes). Type 4 covers the locos built with the higher running boards, and is essentially going to become the 'base' model to do D3 class locos in future :)

I never made a CE, or round roof W cars (well I did, but that was almost 10 years ago, and they were just boxes on wheels that looked somewhat like round roof W cars). See my earlier post about PL cars for info on them. As to the blue and gold car, a private reskin (unreleased) of the CW was done in blue and gold by another Trainzer, but it's not based on any prototype.

For the F horsebox, this was done to simply fill a gap in the rolling stock register to go with my G carriage truck. I really have no immediate plans for the FF, although it is possible in future. As I said, I tend to work on what I want, when I want. Often this comes from flipping through a book and deciding that I like the look of it and then building it. Or just having a desire to have a good quality model of a particular item at the time :)

Regards

I know this is entirely different from what this thread is made for, but so be it.

I went to the ARHS museum in Williamstown today, and I found something... Interesting.

One of the E class locos there, the VR Green one, had steps installed recently, I asked why, and it turns out for the restoration of the Y there to keep going, the stairs had to go, so they relocated the stairs to the E class, I have some interesting shots of the cab interior if anyone wants them..

Cheers

Aidyn

I know this is entirely different from what this thread is made for, but so be it.

You realised this yet still didn't use the thread we made you in Trainz Community? I recommend you post your stuff there and let Zec have his thread back :p
As for the E class, Aaron has them covered, I'm 100% sure he's visited the tank engine himself :)

Stevo

Hi All
I've now managed to get the textures on the body mapped (that was a job and a half!!), and have started painting :)

So far, textures are very bland, and only the one side tanks has the lining/etc. But it's a start at least :) Bogies are not yet mapped lol

new-vr-steamer-20.jpg

Regards
Zec

Outstanding work Zec

Were these locomotives built at Kitson or Pheonix foundries? If so are you going to include the builders plate or no, and is the locomotive classified as a class, or is it just '761' or something like that?

Pattern Engine was Beyer Peacock, copies where done by Phoenix Foundry 1884, letter classification wasn't until 1886, X Class was the first new build loco to use a Letter when built.

Cheers.

Last edited:
That would be a VR M class 4-4-0T...

It does look smashing, Zec :) is the toolbox on the front meant to be green or is that temporary?

Cheers
Stevo

Hi All
As Azza has noted, they were Beyer Peacock (number 40) and Phoenix Foundry build locos. The blue 'oval' object on the side of the bunker in the last render is the builders plate, which will be textured with a Phoenix plate, with the builders number matching the loco number.

Stevo, the tool boxes on these were painted light green, with white pin striping and dark green borders :)

Regards

Hi All
I've spent some of tonight working on the textures for the M class :) This has resulted in yet more lining, and a whole heap of rivets on the tanks and bunker. Still a great deal more to of them to go, along with other details!

new-vr-steamer-24.jpg

Regards
Zec

Looking great Zec! Will have to download that when it get's released. BTW, what modeling program do you use to make your models in?

Hi All
As Dan noted, I'm using 3DSMax for my models at the current time :)

I have been slowly adding further details to the locomotive's textures on the M class. It's really starting to come together now, although the roof will have to wait a little while. Hopefully get the wheels and motion all mapped out soon as well lol.

Click on the thumbnail to go to a larger render :)

Regards
Zec

Back