AMTRAKwannabe's WIP's

This is just awesome work. In contrast I'd love to just manage traffic to a few industry's as well as see those industry's at work. or maybe a portal that supplys a set of cars that go to the industry's on the route!!!! Yes I love writing and thinking!

Thanks all!

Now, I need some help deciding what route I should focus on first, most of the area's aren't well modeled in Trainz and I am determined to release at least one route within a few years, I am going to list all of the routes I have in WIP stages that are really close to me for one reason or another.

First up is Norfolk Southern's Norfolk Terminal District route, right now I'm making a totally new DEM for it because the last one had several issues in the DEM so I got a higher res DEM, 1 arc second to 1/3 arc second:
*Screenshot from old 1 arc second DEM*
50bc68af3ec657e6010649e4ead8b871.jpg

Appalachian Fall(fictional set in the WVa and VA Appalachian Mountains):

Coal Country(Another fictional route in the Appalachians, this one set in PA):

Lakeville Terminal Railroad(fictional again, this one set in Ill):

A&SE(Alabama & Southeastern) Greenwood Branch(fctional again for Southern1581's A&SE series):

I need answers or I might just work at the same pace which means none will be completed/released, I need to see some interest on a certain one so I can finish that one first and please the community, you get to chose.

Last edited:
I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!
CheekyBugger WILL be ignored.
Please!
I have one for you. Why don't you just pick one, and see it all the way through? If you're paitent, have a plan, envision the plan, and execute the plan, then it will be well worth the time whether its what the community wanted or not. A content creator once told me: "Create for yourself."

I have one for you. Why don't you just pick one, and see it all the way through? If you're paitent, have a plan, envision the plan, and execute the plan, then it will be well worth the time whether its what the community wanted or not. A content creator once told me: "Create for yourself."

Yes, but I like them all, I just want to know which the community would like to see, I'll feel better and work faster knowing someones waiting for it.

I do like the two Appalachians one. Maybe you could try merging them.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

I was thinking of that, and then making two versions of it, a fall one and a summer one...

Yes, but I like them all, I just want to know which the community would like to see, I'll feel better and work faster knowing someones waiting for it.
Yea, but if the community actually takes the time to respond, you're going to get an over-whelming amount of mixed responses that are not going to give you a set answer, so in the end, you're still in control of the project's fates.

I would be interested in the two Appalachians ones. Probably the WV\Va one first, then the PA one. Just my $0.02.
TJ

So, I took a bit of a break from Trainz and now I'm getting back into it with a small personal project, Norfolk Southerns main out of Norfolk, VA/Lamberts Point, from milepost 6.4(Belt Line Crossing) to just before milepost 17(Juniper) I'm making it as accurate as possible so I can re-create some of my railfanning trips in Trainz. Pic's once it leaves TranzDEM. I may release. it, if anyone even wants 10 miles of double track main with very little operating potential...

Last edited:
Well, got the track laid, now I need to adjust height, level, remake switches, etc.

Here is the central part of the route, Yadkin Rd.

Back