USA Pics (electric)

68a8626f1d553ec3bf95b2cb8f4dcfef.jpg

a1378a72d7526d0864648228315fe39d.jpg

Good news, the ACS-64 has made it in-game! There's still a lot of work to be done though, so don't ask petrama or I about any release dates.
ca03411d9da3ce67d601e5064a273c2c.jpg

5b06b58fb9599f38be77e86461543971.jpg

Bloody hell! That's fantastic Landshark... Both the ACS and the Amfleet car looks amazing

Could you give us a shot of the side , straight on. Fantastic work getting this into the game . It's ether the angle or my eye site , but your bogies seem a bit short and just to far back ? But it's really looking nice .

I'm always amazed at how quit the ACS are at 50 mph .

Matt

You can thank Nick (petrama) for the incredible model. Now that it's been put in game, Gerald and I are taking over work involving textures (veterans unit is on the way), sounds, scripts, etc. The model still has some work to be done, as expected, but its a great start so far.

Also, keep an eye out for a possible Viewliner II announcement sometime in the coming days or so, as well as an update to the Amfleet project.

Cooper

Those Two Little Guys

02b8f5cb33b94350220280510e199984.jpg

GE's first try at the New Haven market, 1926, which Baldwin-Westinghouse had locked up since the turn of the century.

92bf14d2aacace2c072c5217bd6ae799.jpg

Two tiny motor-generator switchers with Big Brass Bells.

Good news, the ACS-64 has made it in-game! There's still a lot of work to be done though, so don't ask petrama or I about any release dates.

ACS-64 pics removed for your benefit...

Cue the gimme-pigs. :hehe:

In all seriousness though, that looks really good...except for Nick's infamous coupler difficulties.

Nice electrics Paul! What class were these little guys called?

Class EY-3. The common (large) steeple-cab switchers, by Baldwin-Westinghouse, were Class EY-2 or EY-2a; EY-1 was a very early but similar switcher that used a trolley pole instead of pantograph for pickup.

@normhart - just need to work up the energy to upload them to TPR. Sometime tomorrow or during the weekend, most likely. (I did not, by the way, cheat to get that spark... though I did shoot three screenshots to get it ;) . )

That is an odd looking caboose Norm

It's an NE4: "These hacks were built by the New Haven shops 1927-1928 from old boxcars, giving them somewhat different proportions from the NE-5 purpose-built steel hacks that came next (higher roof, lower cupola, and the extra length allowed both a saloon which did *not* take the place of a cupboard and some extra room (even a little privacy) in the bunk section. Roofs were canvas over wood."

Back