No Speed Trees!

All splines are framerate killers ... so track should be avoided at all costs, and a rails to trails single texture should be the ideal framerate route:hehe:

I had to laugh at this quote from cascaderailroad, very funny indeed,

However on the same note, I have noticed in Trainz 2010, there is UK quad track, which is four tracks placed side by side together, but they are all attached into one spline, now if I placed four seperate tracks down, there would be four seperate splines, I am wondering how would these impact on frame rates, and would double track and quad track take up less resources than single tracks placed side by side.

Sorry if i have opened up a can of worms here, but it is Christmas, and the birds need to be fed... lol

Many thanks for your reply's and Merry Christmas

Joe Airtime

One way is to run free Fraps (a movie/screenshot editor) and watch the framerate numerals, and do separate tests on multi-tracked splines, and multiple single track splines.

Some tracks are super high poly framerate killers, while others like MP Track Wood any very good on framerates

Well, multiple tracks in one spline should be the same, it is the same thing as four single tracks because each track is just a clone of the first track made in the spline, so it's still four track meshes either way.

And to keep this a screenshot thread:

Garnet (Pronounced Gar-nay) Tipple (Fictitious)

Back to Speed Trees. I said earlier I had to clone and import the trees I wanted on my route. Here is an update. I imported from TRS2009 into TS12 my Steelworks route clean, route only with no dependencies. Looking at the dependency list I found, Tree_Pine_1 kuid:-1:100579 was unlisted not even unknown. In it's place was Tree Pine 02 kuid:523:1607. I cloned Pine 1 and obsoleted Pine 02 and imported that into TS12. That didn't work. I had to do a replace asset instead. Now the route looks as it should.
I did try importing Pine 1 direct uncloned, TS12 reported it as obsolete. I updated it to TB 2.9. That didn't work. That kuid number has been obsoleted totally by TS12 and useless.

Now for the big question. Can I upload my cloned asset, described as authored by Auran and updated by me to replace Speed Trees on my route?

Now for the big question. Can I upload my cloned asset, described as authored by Auran and updated by me to replace Speed Trees on my route?

No afraid not unless the item is significantly different to N3V's and even then I would personally ask permission. You can only obsolete your own stuff by the way, not other peoples, think of the chaos that would cause.

Suggestion, try my CL Tree-61 series which are similar and work in TS12 without the lighting and alpha issues 61a being smallest 61h being biggest.

Back