Bloodnoks UK Full Skirted Level Crossings

I know this topic has been raised quite often in the past, but over the last few days I have been experimenting with them and think I have found the problem, but unfortunately, not the solution !
It is to do with the time allowed for the item to set up correctly. That is, to have the barriers in the raised position. On small routes up to about 500MB then as surveyor or driver are loading there is time for the item to load correctly. However on routes over about 700MB then 1 of three things happen.
1)The barriers have time to get into the up position and all is well.
2)The barriers go up but the amber light comes on and then it is stuck, with cars and trains able to pass thru for the rest of the session.
3)The barriers stay in the down position with red lights flashing but cars are able to pass thru. After a train passes thru then the barriers go up and the rest of the session is OK.

It seems to be arbitary which of the 3 happen each time you go in depending on the volume of what is loading.

To counteract all this, the half barrier crossings which do almost the same thing never have a problem.

Can anybody throw any light on this ?

Tony Howard

I think you may be onto something there Tony,

I have to agree, these crossing are superb, it's just a shame they don't work properly, I do know that Bloodnok was going to look at these crossings again sometime, and try and find the errors that it keeps bringing up, maybe bloodnok will appear here soon to reply to your thread.

I do know you can make crossings from ATLS, which is very good for what it does, but it would be nice to have a ready made full level crossing in working order, one that you can place anywhere, and as many times as you like, that is ready to go straight away.

Keep up the good work Tony, you might have found the problem, so you might find the solution too.

Hope the above helps, and Merry Christmas

Joe Airtime

Hi Tony & Joe

Just spotted this. Though you might like to know that I have a set of UK style level crossings which will fit into the same space as Bloodnok's crossings.

They have ATLS Built-In. You will just need to add triggers.

They are on the DLS but details are here..... http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/xings.html

Cheers,

Boat

Hi Tony & Joe

Just spotted this. Though you might like to know that I have a set of UK style level crossings which will fit into the same space as Bloodnok's crossings.

They have ATLS Built-In. You will just need to add triggers.

They are on the DLS but details are here..... http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/xings.html

Cheers,

Boat

Many thanks Boat for these excellent crossings, I will give these a try. However I did notice that the barriers are set to the up position only, is there a way to have them set in the down position all the time, that way, I don't have to add triggers everywhere.

Also just wondering, are there any plans for a 4 track level crossing in the near future, similar to those on the East Coast Mainline.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
Back