AI tells me some crappy and totally idiotic messages

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Hello all..

This really annoys me now. The whole track is CLEAR, NO other train is on the route and the AI always tells me 'waiting for track clearence'. I'd REALLY like to know what this sh!t is! The route just runs 14 miles from a coal mine to the plant, has about 10 switches and has no signals. I already placed invisible signals every mile and before junctions now, but nothing helps. The program seems to be too stupid to just move a train from A to B via a STRAIGHT line WITHOUT any interlockings or other trains. It is even to silly to just 'drive' (i tried that command too).

I'm a bit angry about that because i worked until 4:30 am on this crap and it still does not work!

(i tried it with three drivers...no result)

And yes, the locomotives are edited, the engine has been removed and it is some kind of 'cab Car', the train is pushed by an E60C-2. But i do not think that this causes the problem....

Felix

Felix,

I've had those messages pop up too and for no reason. The drivers sit there and play dumb. Sometimes if you push them past a signal they continue, while other times they go past anyway and post the message. I too would like details as to what they're waiting for so I can fix the problem.

Maybe someone else can shed some magic light on this.

John

Is there any switches missing a switch stand along the way, I've seen this error when I accidentally missed one. Also, how is the "cab car" set up, that may also be your problem.

Put some track markers down and use the drive via t/m command. Your giving the Ai to much choice of which way to go without them.
The driver is in the cab car and not in the rear loco ?

This helps but not always. Sometimes they sit there anyway and still complain even though there's a trackmark on the other side of the junction and signal.

Weird, well perhaps not. It's the AI!

John

Put some track markers down and use the drive via t/m command. Your giving the Ai to much choice of which way to go without them.
The driver is in the cab car and not in the rear loco ?

Already done -> It was originally set up to use this: Power plant -> drive to Stackpile -> Load -> wait 5 mins -> drive to Power plant T2 -> drive to power plant TU2 -> unload -> do the same again!

No switches missing...

EDIT: Track layout, nothing THAT special

Last edited:
MAP 1, consist 10 and 20. Are they loco and wagons. The rest I guess are just wagons. You've no drivers.

MAP 1, consist 10 and 20. Are they loco and wagons. The rest I guess are just wagons. You've no drivers.

It is in surveyor... consist 20 and 10 are both trains (1x E60C-2, 21 Bethgons, 1x Alco 425). the other ones are stored wagons. consist 10 should drive to the position where consist 20 is.

@mtldrm38 -> No open switches possible, between C10 and C20 are no switches. The consist (C20) is on a different track than the one C10 should reach as destination before returning to the plant

C10 + C20 at the location where C20 is on the map above:

Felix

You've taken the engine spec out of the alco.
I know it shouldn't make any odds (because it should power from the rear loco) but try it with an engined loco.
My logic being with 2 locos the slower and lower powered rules over the other.

You've taken the engine spec out of the alco.
I know it shouldn't make any odds (because it should power from the rear loco) but try it with an engined loco.
My logic being with 2 locos the slower and lower powered rules over the other.

Tried it, still no sucess. it does not even start to drive, the train just sits in the power plants unloading yard and gives me stupid 'no track clearance' messages

They're acting like you have no signals on the route and they can only see each other which would be why they arn't moving.
Put a hud in the route, let's see what colour the signals are ahead.

Tried it, still no sucess. it does not even start to drive, the train just sits in the power plants unloading yard and gives me stupid 'no track clearance' messages

Sometimes when you start 'Driver' you might find that a loco has not linked automatically to a driver and you will get a 'blackened-out' driver symbol. This means you will not be able to drive that loco and it won't respond at all. To overcome this problem, in Surveyor mode open up 'edit Session' and actually nominate a driver to that particular loco, If you wish allocate a duty, like move to a trackmark and wait for two minutes. Save it and open Driver mode. You might find it works and you can then allocate other duties. Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Roy3b3 - New Era Backer :D

Don't see any levers in the map to see which way they point. If C10 is going to C20 and C20 is already there it will control the lever ahead and show as being on the path of C10 so it waits for track clearance until C20 is out of the way.

They're acting like you have no signals on the route and they can only see each other which would be why they arn't moving.
Put a hud in the route, let's see what colour the signals are ahead.

I have to agree with Fran1,

The "NO TRACK CLEARANCE" message is usually related to either not enough signals, signals in the wrong place or faulty signals, the route cannot be plotted out, no signals are available, so all trains are at risk of collision.

I think the problem is to do with the invisible signals, I don't think they are working properly, look for missing or faulty dependencies in content manager, I would also replace all invisible signals, for signals you can see, and see if this fixes the problem, (this would be a temporary fix, until you find out what the problem is with the invisible signals).

Hope the above helps and fixes the problem for now

Joe Airtime

No track clearance is linked to junction lever being set the wrong way and waiting for control of it or a consist is on the path of travel. The route is plotted but prevented by the above situation. A TM before the junction should allow C10 to travel to it if you also have a signal for the C20 heading down towards C10.

Thanks for all the help :D thats very nice from all of you :) I was not able to reply / test it, its christmas and we had to visit family & friends. I'll be on my PC in a few hours and will then try the suggested things, i'll also do a video showing the route and what the track layout looks like today.
Thanks again fellow trainzers :wave:

Felix Richter

Back