Vulcan's Ferry barges?

AMTRAKwannabe

Norfolk & Western Lives
Hi, I am trying to make a route that is based on Rail-Sea operations and have planned to use vulcan's Transfer Table Ferry assets, however I can't get them to work, the cars derail if I dont connect any track and they don't move when I connect track...

Only the track connected shown

Any one know how to use them?

The transfer ferry asset is used the same way as a turntable because that is what it really is. The ferry is the turntable spinner and the ramps at each end are the track stubs around the turntable. To move the ferry you will see the two red curved arrows (the same as the turntable) click on these and the ferry will travel across to the opposite ramp. You can also set it up with the move turntable rule in the same way as turntables. Place a TM at the end of the track on the ferry in order to drive to TM, then either click the red arrows or use the rule to send the ferry on its way.
The other assets Vulcan has for ferry crossing do not work in this manner and do need a lot more work and setting up, the train will also tend to hang overboard if you have any curves that the ferry travels on.

Back