East Broad Top Narrow Gauge #12

Woah woah woah hold up, I am the only one modeling the EBT engines for this project amoung other engines. I cant gaurantee when this will be done as well as when the other EBT engines will be started. Im still learning 3dmax.

just posting base3d off what you told me yesterday my friend.

[12/2/2013 7:39:27 PM] Maybe on friday. Hopefully by sunday. If i dont work on the sd60e or the custom narrow gauge track

i take this as (hopefully) expecting that the locomotive will be done between friday and sunday unless something else occurs in between that time.
as i posted befor trainboi1 said he was onboard with doing the animations, while i have no problem with you taking the time to learn then i do prefer a certain level of expertise in this project which is why
1. i'm having you build the locomotive because i saw your work with the frisco 1522 and your attention to detail is very impressive.
2. i'm having trainboi1 do the animations since he is already experienced in the animations field, and am confident in his ability to animate the pistons on a realistic level.
so assuming the locomotive is finished the building stages by either friday or sunday, and that the animations are done over the following week it is safe to assume that testing can be done the week after that along with final product approval and release

All in good time my friends as I've said before. I've been waiting for several years for no 12. Like since before Ben Neal 1st released no 17. He and I chatted a lot about EBT locos but no 12 wasn't on his schedule.

Besides bigboy4014 what's the rush. I asked cascaderailroad about that recently but he hasn't replied yet. Somehow I don't think volunteers like being bossed around particularly in a public forum by anyone. While I'm thinking of it what exactly are you contributing the project? Have you ever built a 3-d model of anything for trainz? What about the textures? I haven't seen any yet on this model. Release an untextured model you've got to be kidding. It doesn't happen overnight. For me textures are one of the more exacting jobs.

Regardless of the answers may I suggest you leave it to your experts to get it done. I don't want to see this project evaporate or produce subpar quality content.

Regards,
Bob Pearson

All in good time my friends as I've said before. I've been waiting for several years for no 12. Like since before Ben Neal 1st released no 17. He and I chatted a lot about EBT locos but no 12 wasn't on his schedule.

Besides bigboy4014 what's the rush. I asked cascaderailroad about that recently but he hasn't replied yet. Somehow I don't think volunteers like being bossed around particularly in a public forum by anyone. While I'm thinking of it what exactly are you contributing the project? Have you ever built a 3-d model of anything for trainz? What about the textures? I haven't seen any yet on this model. Release an untextured model you've got to be kidding. It doesn't happen overnight. For me textures are one of the more exacting jobs.

Regardless of the answers may I suggest you leave it to your experts to get it done. I don't want to see this project evaporate or produce subpar quality content.

Regards,
Bob Pearson

now before i begin let me make you all aware that i'm not trying to be be rude or pushy to any of the people working on this project along side me. my earier post i might have jumped the gun, but at the same time was based of a conversation that me and trainman over skype the other day, after that fact it is for all of you to decide how to take that information, and i cannot be held liable for your decision in that matter. but i do apologize for seeming to be rude.

actually bob i am contributing alot more than you could possibly realize and now that i think about it the start of the east broad top project being worked on by cascade railroad was started by my request. the buildings that were recently uploaded to the DLS by bendorsey again my request, the east broad top locomotive #12 currently being worked on, my request. at the same time none of this would have been possible without trainman, cascaderailroad,and bendorsey, and i do appreciate all their hard work and dedication towards seeing this project come to life in it's entirety.

truth is between the map and the buildings i have been a driving force providing any and all sorts of data (current stored 1.5 terabytes) historical data, track maps,(mailine and yard maps) grade charts, building blueprints, multi angle locomotives pictures, rollingstock schematics, forms of standard east broad top operating
proceedures, ICC evaluation reports...you want to know what my job in this project is roberts well here is the most basic definition of it i can give.

1.to find any and all references of the east broad top railroad in order to create and accurate representation of the railroad as it was during the common carrier days
2. once data is gathered send via skype&email the various items (building blueprints/photo's as needed) Bendorsey (grade charts, ICC evaluations track plans for mainline/sidings/yards) cascaderailroad (all picture of the various locomotives oh the east broad top, as needed) Trainman7616.

i have spent the better part of 7-8 months on this project, both cascade and bendorsey can verify that i have been able to provide again and again, the necessary components to further the project, so that it can be seen to completion by all of us, because at this point we are so far into this project, i would hate to see it become just another attempt of building the east broad top that will never see the light of day. to me...after all this time would be the worst nightmare i could possibly imagine.

it may seem crazy but the east broad top railroad and this project have become my life, they are my only passion, and as long as i live i will not see this work that we are all so proud....something that we have poured 100's of hours into it, make it this far just to die.

Well, first off I said maybe and hopefully 'IF' i dont work on my sd60e project of frisco. Second. I am not always going to be in 3dmax, as I will be making routes as well. Final thing. You guys might have spent 100's of hours on the project but I have only spent about 2 weeks on the modeling of #12. I will get back to work tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply. It did seem to me the post was a bit pushy. Just thinking it's better every one is on the same page before announcing to the public what will be released and when.

I have a lot of interest in the EBT myself. I've been collecting data on it since 2001 and have accumulated lots of historical data, track diagrams, pictures, books and spent several $100s of dollars along the way. I'm a life member of the FEBT. When HOG 1st appeared I knew a virtual representation of the EBT in any era from about 1919 to date would be possible based on the data available and the realistic terrain generation HOG added to Trainz.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately - the jury still out on that) for me, I decided to go it alone so it's very slow going but I do have more track laid on my MD/HOG terrain than any EBT route I know of and it's probably one of the largest EBT maps being worked on at present. I'm not interested in schedules any more - I got sick of them working for other people in my working career. The route for me is a labor of love and will be an ongoing project probably as long as I'm still around.

Bob Pearson

Thanks for the reply. It did seem to me the post was a bit pushy. Just thinking it's better every one is on the same page before announcing to the public what will be released and when.

I have a lot of interest in the EBT myself. I've been collecting data on it since 2001 and have accumulated lots of historical data, track diagrams, pictures, books and spent several $100s of dollars along the way. I'm a life member of the FEBT. When HOG 1st appeared I knew a virtual representation of the EBT in any era from about 1919 to date would be possible based on the data available and the realistic terrain generation HOG added to Trainz.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately - the jury still out on that) for me, I decided to go it alone so it's very slow going but I do have more track laid on my MD/HOG terrain than any EBT route I know of and it's probably one of the largest EBT maps being worked on at present. I'm not interested in schedules any more - I got sick of them working for other people in my working career. The route for me is a labor of love and will be an ongoing project probably as long as I'm still around.

Bob Pearson

well i'd love to see what you have done with your map if you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of it to look over...i'm guessing the east broad top #12 will be a refreshing addition to your trainz equiptment

Please "Gimmie"

You will find that people who make repeated politely worded, constant demands, and "gimmies", appeasing creators by praising their work, with constant compliments ... This turns people off, as it gets patheticly sickening, and gets really old afterwhile ... and they stop working for you ... as it is not their job, to do all the work "for you" ... If you really want something so desperately, and quickly ... learn to do it yourself.

I think you are just a tad overly infatuated about the EBT, making it the only main part of your life, asking them to send a "copy" over to them, so that you can critique their work, and make even more suggestions and demads ... It's just a virtual RR track, laid over a virtual terrain map ... I suggest getting a grip on life, and scope out the big picture of life ... The EBT RR is not the biggest thing to be completed in life.

Pushy people, just may get nothing ... Sure I like the EBT ... But I'm not going to jump through hoops for anyone ... It's just not that big of a deal !

Last edited:
You will find that people who make repeated politely worded, constant demands, and "gimmies", appeasing creators by praising their work, with constant compliments ... This turns people off, as it gets patheticly sickening, and gets really old afterwhile ... and they stop working for you ... as it is not their job, to do all the work "for you" ... If you really want something so desperately, and quickly ... learn to do it yourself.

I think you are just a tad overly infatuated about the EBT, making it the only main part of your life, asking them to send a "copy" over to them, so that you can critique their work, and make even more suggestions and demads ... It's just a virtual RR track, laid over a virtual terrain map ... I suggest getting a grip on life, and scope out the big picture of life ... The EBT RR is not the biggest thing to be completed in life.

Pushy people, just may get nothing ... Sure I like the EBT ... But I'm not going to jump through hoops for anyone ... It's just not that big of a deal !

Agreed whole heartedly. Im truely not much of a fan at all of the EBT and is another reason I havent worked on the model, other projects to do and routes to make, not to mention i work during the night and am only 1 person who is expected to make all the engines. I dont wanna sound rude or nothing ny saying whats on my mind. I may have to drop from this project since I dont have much time anymore to work.

I will still occassionally work on the locomotive and start the tender, but when its released is out the question right now. Bigboy, go tot urbosquid and download gmax and watch some tutorials, its very easy to pick up, although I taught myself. Learn gmax then you can make whatever engines you want.

I would not want to discourage anyone from completing something ... Do what you do best ... do what you love ... do it in your own time ... when it is ready, others will see it

Back