Polar Express DLC

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Well 2014 is just around the corner, and that marks the 10th anniversary of the movie The Polar Express. The model train company Lionel has been making O scale train set based on the train in the movie. In 2014, they will be celebrating ten years by several ways:
1. An O scale Polar Express train set with a remote-controlled locomotive
2. An O scale streamlined Polar Express train set pulled by a diesel locomotive
3. An O scale 2-8-4 Berkshire Polar Express steam locomotive that has smoke coming out of the whistle whenever you blow the whistle, and several other sounds (whistle, bell, the chuffing of steam, and crew dialog)
4. An O scale Polar Express tender featuring sounds such as the steam locomotive listed as #4.
5. An O scale, this one made to scale (the others are semi-scale) 2-8-4 Berkshire lettered for the Polar Express and has a GOLD FINISH, and will be equipped with all of the technologies that their top-of-the-line scale locomotives. ONLY 200 WILL BE MADE.
6. Another to scale O scale Berkshire, this one painted and lettered just like the steam locomotives in the train sets, also featuring their top-of-the-line features
7. A gold finished, to scale O scale, coach and observation car
8. A to scale O scale combine, 'Abandoned Toy Car', dining car and baggage car, painted like the cars in the train sets
And finally,
9. The O scale and S scale train sets will have an autographed Polar Express book included in the train set (the train sets may include a replica of the bell featured in the move, but I'm not certain)

With the time and effort Lionel has put into this special event, I believe that a special Polar Express content pack should be released for Trainz.

Well 2014 is just around the corner, and that marks the 10th anniversary of the movie The Polar Express. The model train company Lionel has been making O scale train set based on the train in the movie. In 2014, they will be celebrating ten years by several ways:
1. An O scale Polar Express train set with a remote-controlled locomotive
2. An O scale streamlined Polar Express train set pulled by a diesel locomotive
3. An O scale 2-8-4 Berkshire Polar Express steam locomotive that has smoke coming out of the whistle whenever you blow the whistle, and several other sounds (whistle, bell, the chuffing of steam, and crew dialog)
4. An O scale Polar Express tender featuring sounds such as the steam locomotive listed as #4.
5. An O scale, this one made to scale (the others are semi-scale) 2-8-4 Berkshire lettered for the Polar Express and has a GOLD FINISH, and will be equipped with all of the technologies that their top-of-the-line scale locomotives. ONLY 200 WILL BE MADE.
6. Another to scale O scale Berkshire, this one painted and lettered just like the steam locomotives in the train sets, also featuring their top-of-the-line features
7. A gold finished, to scale O scale, coach and observation car
8. A to scale O scale combine, 'Abandoned Toy Car', dining car and baggage car, painted like the cars in the train sets
And finally,
9. The O scale and S scale train sets will have an autographed Polar Express book included in the train set (the train sets may include a replica of the bell featured in the move, but I'm not certain)

With the time and effort Lionel has put into this special event, I believe that a special Polar Express content pack should be released for Trainz.

Sure, here ya go:

http://blender.org
http://www.gimp.org

Nice that you picked up the challenge to make this, Jordon. If you start now, you might be ready on time for the 11th anniversary :D!

I was just suggesting a Polar Express DLC Pack, not making it. Maybe I should have put this in the Suggestion Boxcar.

The NKP set is closest you will get other then the pay ware model by Leefer at cumberlandtrainz. it is a great model though

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure N3V would have to pay Warner Bros. for the rights to model the Polar Express based on the train in the movie. Otherwise, they would have to make something representative of the Polar Express. What use would that be then?
Besides that, it wouldn't be as popular as the other DLC sets they've made, which are modeled after real trains and therefore have a stronger fan base.
As nice as the Polar Express is, not everyone likes fictional trains.

but The SRI only repainted 1225 tender into the Polar Express Theme in 2005 and then it was changed back to Pere Marquette, but every year they host a North Pole Express in November and December

I was just suggesting a Polar Express DLC Pack, not making it. Maybe I should have put this in the Suggestion Boxcar.
OF course, they were just messing with you but anyone who comes in with a large shopping list has to expect that. Building a locomotive in all its glory is not a trivial matter, prototype or model. Most creators are already working on "their" favorite objects. What you might have done is ask politely if anyone was already working on or perhaps was planning on making something you like.

Feel free to join the creators and make something. Start small, a simple box or something like that. You'll soon appreciate what it takes to actually make an object. You'll get lots of support and help once you demonstrate a willingness to learn.

OF course, they were just messing with you but anyone who comes in with a large shopping list has to expect that. Building a locomotive in all its glory is not a trivial matter, prototype or model. Most creators are already working on "their" favorite objects. What you might have done is ask politely if anyone was already working on or perhaps was planning on making something you like.

Feel free to join the creators and make something. Start small, a simple box or something like that. You'll soon appreciate what it takes to actually make an object. You'll get lots of support and help once you demonstrate a willingness to learn.

Couldnt agree more. Although I have plans to build a Polar Express version Berkshire. Dont know when though.

Oh i'm sure that a whole engine, tender and passenger car trainset pack can be made by Christmas right??? :hehe:

Well Steve, you made the Cincinattian in just about a month. And that included 5 different engines, a complete set of coaches, AND sounds that were specifically catered for it. So, in theory, it could be done. One would have to spend a number of sleepless nights though.

Well Steve, you made the Cincinattian in just about a month. And that included 5 different engines, a complete set of coaches, AND sounds that were specifically catered for it. So, in theory, it could be done. One would have to spend a number of sleepless nights though.

Yes, it can be done, but depending on WHO has to give up sleeping for a month, a week a hibernation will be soon to follow! Lol.

Actually, I've already MADE a Polar Express DLC pack! :cool: Here are the download links:

Locomotive, Tender, Boxcar/Baggage, Passenger And Observation Cars (Use the second download link to update the boxcar/baggage coach to the latest model. It's right below this one! :) ): http://www.mediafire.com/download/crbdgx25murbxsw/The+Polar+Express+in+Trainz.zip

Boxcar/Baggage Coach (Lionel made this already, and this was ALSO seen in The Polar Express Video Game, and this was updated 3/29/14 :) ):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zdt8ugjenkobqja/Polar+Express+Boxcar.cdp

Sleeper Coach (this is a custom Polar Express coach not seen in the movie nor game. It's MY own creation! :D ): http://www.mediafire.com/download/vv4kxxgw8tabm3f/Polar+Express+Sleeper+Coach.cdp

Kitchen Coach (this is a basis from The Polar Express Video Game): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja4byi2uy203mm4/Polar+Express+Kitchen+Coach.cdp

Diner Coach (also a Polar Express Video Game basis):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ka2u9aw82y8s973/Polar+Express+Diner+Coach.cdp

If anyone has any problems with my DLC pack, you can contact me VIA my Auran forums inbox. Hope you all have fun with it, cause I sure had as much fun when making it!

Last edited:
Back