Trainz, Kickstarter, and Poll #1

Will you be pledging your support for Trainz: A New Era?

• Definitely - I can't wait to make my pledge!

Votes: 67 27.0%
  • Probably - I will check the details of the project first.

Votes: 101 40.7%
  • Possibly - It depends on the rewards.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Maybe - I will wait and see.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • Unlikely - I will not support this project

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
It's been a while since we've had a poll, and with Kickstarter just around the corner, it's time to run some polls and find out more about your thoughts on Trainz: A New Era and Kickstarter.

We'll be running more polls over the next few days, so feel free to leave your feedback in this thread.

Update: If you need more info about Kickstarter or our project, this thread is a good place to start. There are other articles and posts that will also help you.

Probably - I will check the details of the project first.

Assuming they will be in line of what we have seen so far, I will be pledging.

G'day, I put a "Maybe - I will wait and see" the wait and see bit is to see what is to happen regarding DRM, if DRM is in I am out.
Barrie

I have voted definitely support, however a lot are going to sit on the fence until the DRM issue / question is addressed, take a hint from Microsoft who scrapped the always online DRM for Xbox One and opted for a one time activation one due to pressure.

To add I am not a supporter of DRM far from it, however a better Trainz is more important to me than the annoyance of DRM.

Last edited:
I picked Maybe - I will wait and see pending the outcome of the DRM issue. Ditto for buying the final product - if there's DRM, I won't be buying or pledging. (Apparently, one has to state the obvious around here.)

I picked "Maybe" ... as these questions have not been answered by any official N3V staff:
Getting back to the main point, I have some questions:

1) What exactly does DRM do for N3V ?

2) What advantage does DRM do for N3V ?

3) Why does N3V choose to use DRM in the first place (there must be some specific reasons) ?

4) Does DMR allow N3V to disable your DLC, if they find one abusing it's content, (file sharing, redistribution) ?

5) If only N3V went out of business, and only the N3V servers were "no more in existance", would DRM effect Trainz, and DLC assets ?

6) Is DRM used primarily to keep "Warez" users out of the Game ?
If DRM could not hurt my DLC downloads, nor cause any problems related like that of "Steam" ... I would have instead voted: "Definitely - I can't wait to make my pledge" !

Also: "Possibly - It depends on the rewards" ... that is hard to say ... as the rewards haven't been spelled out exactly either

Last edited:
I can't decide between Maybe, Possibly, and Probably. The reasons:
1. I want to see more about the hardware requirements (Maybe)
2. I want more information on the rewards (Possibly)
3. I want to know the details of the project first, such as what new features it will have (Probably) (i.e. reliable multiplayer)

Well judging by how many times it's been said on this forum alone in past WEEK I would say DRM has racked up way more cash.

I dunno...I'm pretty sure the numbers of copies of legitimate software, music, etc. rendered inoperative by DRM when the companies when belly-up, changed their minds, decided to obsolete old versions...I'm pretty sure that's in the tens if not hundreds of millions. Just sayin'.

Great idea having a poll.

This gives people the opportunity to have a say, particularly those who seldom or never post.

It will be interesting to see how different the results pan out, in comparison with the perceived feeling from the postings being made.

Now we can start arguing about how many votes it will take before the result becomes statistically significant. :)

I think it's important to note that many of those who leave a post here have said many times that needed a new engine for Trainz movements. Now you see the opportunity, we are unable to speculate whether the support so far is enough or not. It's time to provide the necessary support, whitout many laps around the environment.

Back