Trainz Simulator 2 Pack install

RichardHill

I purchased the Trainz Simulator 2 Pack and have tried to get the games installed. I got the Engineer part installed (sort of) still have no locomotives to try in the tutorials. The DVD came with only 2 key codes and 2 24 alphanumeric codes for installing, no instructions what so ever. Some things like the options menu, when I select it up comes the key enter screen. Disgusted I have left several messages at the N3V support page with no reply to any of them. Anyone who may know the steps in installing without all the error messages, I would be great-full. Please Help!

Last edited:
If that's TS2010 you are referring to there, you must install all components (by making sure they are ticked) during the installation. Failing to do so will prevent you from adding your CD Key/serial number in the correct place.

Shane

I have tried to install using the install screen that comes with the DVD. There is little to no instructions other than basic install location options, and Key Code entry menu. The 2010 engineer edition runs to a point. The tutorial portion shows no locomotive or anything else. It downloaded a bunch of updates and misc. trainz items. The 2009 World builder will not install at all. (will not accept either code) Could you provide me with the step by step install instructions? I am running Windows Home 64 bit OS 16 GB Ram Quad 3.2 AMD Processor. I have al updates installed. I have uninstalled and tried installing several times. don't mind all the time it takes to Down Load all the Trainz updates and packages if it would just run. Thank You! Richard Hill

Let's start with TS2010. When installing it, you should have a screen come up with two options. One of these relates to the base program files, the other relates to a content set. Both of these must be installed. Have you done this if said screen has appeared?

Shane

The install screen gives a choice to select 2009 World Builder to the left or Engineer Edition to the right game box photos and says click the above boxes to install each game. I click World builder for example you get the run screen then the license agreement to check. Then it Ask for Users Name Organization I leave blank then the Serial Number. I assume this is the 24 alphanumeric character cobe including dashes but the NEXT box will not highlight. The Engineer one seems to install, but if I select the options menu a configure menu pops up wanting the CD KEY but will not accept the code. The other menu options seem to work except like the tutorials have no locomotive to select to attempt to try one of the tutorial options. Hope this helps!

You would need to have a username as this is required for registration. I usually just put home in the organization slot.
Are you sure there is only one serial number? They are two different versions I think.
I bought a multiple version pack some time back and there was a serial number for each one.
cheers,
Mike

Another thing that seems amiss; there should be THREE areas that you need to input information:
1. "User Name" or "Name"
2. Organization
3. Serial Number

You MUST put a name in the "name/user name" space, or the installer will not run correctly. Secondly, be sure you are typing the serial number exactly as it appears, caps/lower case, dashes/hypens, underscores, etc.

"Organization" can/should be left blank. It does not affect installer.

Your other issue is likely due to needing "administrator authority", and WHERE you are trying to install Trainz.

Before installing, navigate to your disk drive,
Right-click the installer exe file, Left-click "Properties",
Left-click the "Compatability" tab, and at the bottom, check the box for "Run as Administrator",
Left-click the "Security" tab (if available), then left-click the "edit" button.
Left-click each name in the list, in turn, and check the box for "full control" under the "Allow" column.
Save, OK, Save, OK.

Next, Right-click the exe file again, left-click "run as administrator"...proceed as normal, except;

DO NOT install in to either the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders. When installing, change the path to either directly on your C:\ drive, or on to another drive, if you have one.

Thank you for your help! your suggestions worked fine for the Engineer section, and everything works now. Guess the root folder fixed that. Yet the World Builder will not install. A message pops up "This pack can be installed as a standalone program, or as an add on to your existing Trainz instillation. Do you wish to install the content pack as an add on to your Trainz installation?" It is highlighted Yes so I select yes. I enter the exact code printed on the insert XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX yet I do not get the next tab to highlight. Can not go any further.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's where you went wrong. You should always click No on that box and install it as a standalone. Also, you should never​ post a serial number on the forums.

Shane

You are right about posting the serial number. I found one way to at least get it to install, sort of, by using the Engineer serial number, but then when I try to play it, it ask for the CD Key. Just the 4 digit code? the 24 digit code?, both?, 2009 or 2010 code? After all the things I have tried to get the World builder to install I guess I will just play with the 2010 Engineer portion and toss it up as an other Bad Game. I realize one has to protect their product with key codes, but this program seems to go to the extreme for a $9.98 game At least must I purchase at this price work. I could Buy the World builder on line and download it, but I would probably be in the sane fix.

The World Builder version will require the World Builder 24-digit code, and the Engineers version will require the Engineers 24-digit code. However, the Engineers version has pretty much all the content from the World Builder version anyway.

I would suggest though that if the serial is not working for some reason to contact Helpdesk.

Shane

Contacting Support is like trying to email GOD! I have left several messages with N3V Games Support with not one reply. Thanks anyway!

Sorry to say but have asked for help from N3V Support for more than 2 weeks. I have forgotten about this program and moved on.

Back