Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter/T:ANE (T2) Questions - what would you like to know?

Default Kickstarter/T:ANE (T2) Questions - what would you like to know?

While we can't show you our project page just yet, we suggest you go to Kickstarter.com to learn more about the platform and see how it works.

Here are two "slides" that may help you understand how the Trainz A New Era project will work on Kickstarter:

(click to expand)
    image_3_initial_goal_feature_seta.jpgimage_4_choose_any_two_of_the_four-green.jpg

Update: We are very happy for the questions to keep rolling in - there is a lot of information to absorb and this is different to the way we have done things before. Every question asked now gives us time to think about the issue raised (if we haven't already) and to identify which areas of the project are least understood.

We have a little over two weeks from now to refine our project on Kickstarter, prepare the necessary information and imagery and ensure we have our goals aligned with community expectations. Since we want everyone to gain most of their information deirectly from the Kickstarter project, we will be releasing limited information beforehand.

We also have two weeks to ensure that on launch day we have a legion of fans ready to hit the pledge button and that is where you guys can also help. For now, simply let other train fans know this project is about to happen. We will be providing materials to help you further spread the word closer to launch day.

This is a pretty good idea, but it is vital that you raise awareness of this and have some good stuff to show off. I have seen many successful projects on kickstarter like the game Spintires.

I have a question though. How soon can we expect to see some examples/demonstrations of the new features?

I would second the above. Knowing that there is a future for Trainz is great, but what we want is to see something to look forward to. When will you require people to beta test ? What is the full list of expected features? any working/alpha screenshots available yet? What changes are being made to the tools in surveyor? Lots of questions and looking forward to the answers

I also like this idea and have idle funds .. when are they needed ?

As with the question above .. How soon can we expect to see some examples/demonstrations of the new features?

User generated content ,, still welcome ? how ?

I'd like 3 choices, why only 2 ?

More Q's as we get more info.

If I had to make two choices it is going to be "A" and "B" though as Scimitar suggests with the amount of investment being thrown at this it would be nice to have the whole shebang, if this is essentially a re-write from the ground upwards.

Hi Vern

Yeah, A & B without doubt, but I really want that C at some point.

Also note to Tony H., with reference to discussion of TANE etc. on the forum would suggest it probably needs its own separate section(s) to distinguish it from classic (sic) Trainz products?

United States of America, California, Burbank
    Blog Entries

A & B

That is all.

This is a superb initiative, Tony. I applaud the NV3 team for looking at exploiting (in the nicest possible way) the legions of existing Trainz Simulator fans and the even more exciting prospect of bringing millions more new Rail-Fans behind this transformational terrestrial project!
    My question is: Have you observed how well some of the other crowd-funded simulator creators have engaged - and kept informed - their loyal fan base and pledge-makers ongoing?
    A great example that I'm very familiar with is the Star Citizen project, by Chris Roberts and Cloud Imperium Games Corporation (Roberts Space Industries) which has raised over US$24.5 so far to date and looks like easily achieving more than $30 million!
    They are exemplary in their quest to keep the initial and subsequent backers well-informed of the progress being made and engaging them in the development process.
    If you guys can emulate that level of interaction with our loyal Trainz fan-base, then your success is assured.
    (TONY - MY expectations have been exceeded so far - so top marks to the TS team!)
    PC_Ace

I'll update the initial post with some more info as well, but with regard to feature lists, detailed explanations and demonstrations, we will be revealing some additional information over the next two weeks, but primarily we will be holding back information to include in the Kickstarter project. Our aim is to get as many Trainz fans as we possibly can to arrive on the Kickstarter website on Nov 13 and give our project a real "kickstart". Therefore most questions will be answered, and information divulged, through the Kickstarter project pages.

Regarding alpha, pre-beta and beta testing, all will be revealed through Kickstarter. Different pledge levels will be given different access. We are also open to suggestions regarding what types of pledges people would like to see. We have roughly 15 different options so far covering a broad spectrum of options.

We also haven't really mentioned "Stretch Goals" yet - but assuming we get support to reach the initial goal funding, then we move on to the even more exciting features beyond the "core" and the four "options" shown above. The way it works is that as each new stretch goal target is reached, additional features will be added to the development schedule.

Blog Entries

Tony, one last thing. Please call it Trainz, not TANE

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Also note to Tony H., with reference to discussion of TANE etc. on the forum would suggest it probably needs its own separate section(s) to distinguish it from classic (sic) Trainz products?
    A valid concern - we have decided that this is the best place for the early stage discussions. We are currently planning to migrate discussions to a shiny new forum for launch day Nov 13 (have I said that date enough yet??).

And H222 - I totally agree, the four letter acronym is painful. We mostly use T2 as our "nickname".

KickStarter and a new game engine, you have my full attention and the drool mop is back.

I'm all too familiar with KickStarter, Elite Dangerous saw to that. Good to see that a great deal was going on behind closed doors. Of the options I'll go for A and B, but C and D would be nice too.

KS backers will require solid proof of ability to deliver and will also require considerably more communication from N3V than has been seen of late. You have chosen to grab a tiger by the tail!

Blog Entries

A and B, but C is also interesting.

I would like to know what all this means to content creators - i.e. 3D model makers. Will the new technology you are considering shut us out?

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the update Tony

Shiny new forum I like a lot,no clutter and all on topic. 'T2' that's good, rolls of the tongue real easy.

You didn't give us a time on the 13th Nov though