Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter/T:ANE (T2) Questions - what would you like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by TRam__ View Post
    I prefer B and C. Procedural junctions will be not as prototipcal as object ones. But, i hope, "invisible procedural junctions" will be also supported .
    I second that. Invisible procedural junctions can be done already with the commonly fixed track junctions. I rather like them, because you can have invi-tracks with invi-switches and the turnout doing the animation

The D option, doesnt make much sense to me. As we have the spanish auto braking system called ASFA (Signal Announcing and Automatic Braking) recreated in trainz
    And the rocking and swaying cabs, i would like to create trains with the interior (The driveable cab interior visible by outside and viceversa) in the exterior view, so a rocking cab with the train mesh standing static and the animated interior swaying left n right, crossing it and making a rare effect doesnt attract any to me
    Altough keep up the great work, but for me, being sincerely, i dont want a new redesigned trainz version, just an update to have it at the actual standards, and with lesser bugs

Greetings

I would like B&C. Realistic weather would just be awesome!! Car and engine physics as well as super elevation are a must also!

Blog Entries

I vote for A & D.

I must be tired (had a busy day) or in a dopey mood as I am being honest enough to say at the moment I am still scratching my head!

What is a procedural animated spline junction?

Chris.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaw View Post
    What is a procedural animated spline junction?

Chris.
    When you make a junction with spline track, it will have frogs placed and have animated point blades, no matter how you lay it. It'll make junctions the way Failworks does.

This will mean no more need for animated scenery junctions. Sorry Andi06 and others.

Kieran.
    The Matchbox Locomotive Works~Youtube~DeviantArt~Ask.fm~BR 'Standards' Website
    Click on the links above to visit my website, YouTube page, DeviantArt page, Ask.fm page, and a little site I created for a school assignment.

I have used Trainz since the CE release and we have had all these big plans and announcements made on more than one occasion in the past. Nothing much ever came of them, so i won't hold my breathe for this big idea to be any different.
    Still no realistic depiction of vacuum brakes in Trainz after nearly 12 years. Just like RSC, N3V can talk the talk, but they never walk the walk.

United Kingdom, South Yorkshire, Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieKray View Post
    I have used Trainz since the CE release and we have had all these big plans and announcements made on more than one occasion in the past. Nothing much ever came of them, so i won't hold my breathe for this big idea to be any different.
    Still no realistic depiction of vacuum brakes in Trainz after nearly 12 years. Just like RSC, N3V can talk the talk, but they never walk the walk.
    Hi Reggiekray, Or is it my old friend IKB? If it is, it's about time you swallowed your pride and came back to where you belong.

As for N3V, It is about time you got with the program and started with a fresh engine, I was beginning to think you was going to leave it too late.
    I think you have pulled Trainz out of the fire just in the nick of time.
    I had hoped that all this upset with all the rule changes had an end goal to do with a new game engine , back when a few months a go when the question was asked, Do we need a new game engine?
    I guess you had this in mind since the start of TS10, and would not let on, it would have saved all of us a lot greave if you let us in on your plans for the future from the beginning.

Oh it is [B] and [C] for me.
    Last edited by j_maybury; October 27th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Best Wishes ____
    Jonathan________

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Quite the opposite - content creators are high on our priority list - it is you guys that help make Trainz so awesome.
    Glad to hear that, I hope this also means you're not only looking at expensive programs for creation, but also have a keen eye for blenderheads like me.

Some people mentioned backward compatibility, personally I would suggest to go for the best solutions available related to current standards, make a choice out of the options available and then see if some form of backward compatibility is possible or not. In other words, don't make compatibility some kind of predefined necessity.

As for the choices, definitely 'C', I'd love to see the rain pouring down while I'm dry, standing under a bridge, or see a smoke filled roofed station where, watching from outside, the steam suddenly bellows out when the steam engine leaves this roofed environment. Other things come to mind like glistening roofs in the rain and dull in the dry. These subtle things could really enhance the immersion factor.

The other choices raise questions for me before I can make a reasonable choice.
    'A', nice if this means all types of switches one can think of, but the word procedural makes me believe this will be some fixed types only.
    'B', puzzled by what 'Super-Elevated track' means to be honest, banking in bends maybe?
    'D', 'Interlocking Towers' does remind me of tokenized sections on British railroads, is it that what's implied, or is this a way to state a better block and signal system will be applied.

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

United States of America, Oregon, Portland

Would 'A' cover stub switches also? Would modeled and animated switches still be usable? Would this also include some sort of procedural track?
    I'm thinking 'B' and 'C' would be my choices, but it would be interesting to hear what 'D' involves.

Thank you for the update; it looks like some fun times ahead.....

Curtis

Blog Entries

Hi Janaton and others,

For B, yes, superelevated track does mean track that is banked on corners.
    For C, there will be an option to be a signal man in a signal box, pulling the levers or pushing buttons to route trains. The interlocking comes in here. Interlocking prevents someone from setting a signal to clear while a switch is against it. This is what will be implemented.

The token sections on British railways might be a part of it, but I'm just going from what was said at the Workshops meeting with Tony Hilliam and N3V.

Hope that clears things up.

Kieran.
    Last edited by captainkman; October 26th, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
    The Matchbox Locomotive Works~Youtube~DeviantArt~Ask.fm~BR 'Standards' Website
    Click on the links above to visit my website, YouTube page, DeviantArt page, Ask.fm page, and a little site I created for a school assignment.

Blog Entries

Something I would like to see improved is the crashing. I dislike how the train goes through itself, I would much rather prefer it to smash of itself like in Railworks. Another thing would be the possibility to have occurrences at RR Xings where cars get stuck and you can actually hit them. just my thoughts
    Chance C. ~CEO @ TrainzAmerica. Build:61388
    https://www.facebook.com/TrainzAmerica

A & D for me thanks

Peter

DEM, Route and Content Creator

United Kingdom, South Yorkshire, Barnsley

I would like C and D and I would also like a new night sky with realistic mapped stars as in a real star chart from whichever location you view it from, with a realistic moon phase to go with the new environment thank you.
    Paul
    ECML: Team Member.
    ECML: Route Tester.
    "Keep moving forward
    " - Walt Disney.

Smile

A & B would be a good start... I'll probably be happier when you get up to K, L, M...

Cheers, Mac...