Brand New Frisco 1522 model from TrainzAmerica

trainman7616

Western Maryland Addict
Decided to make the thread for the screenshots here of my model. Been working on this for about 2 months or so. I stilll have alot to do which also includes the interior cab view and tender. Here are the latest two pictures of the model in gmax. It not super great so I apologize to whom ever doesnt like it. Let know what you all do think of the model. Thanks.
f58eb6537dd2011418f7c7e09d543931.jpg

d9d71e7f935cb6b39fd8da5477033095.jpg

I dont know why they came out as dark as they did but I will just take ingame shots unless gmax acts proper.

Last edited:
Looking good so far to me! Rods may need a little work, but I imagine they're still at a WIP stage when that shot was taken. Keep at it my friend!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes this shot was taken not long after I started work on the rods. I have since made them better. Once I get the rest of the build on the rods done I will post some update pictures and I will try to make them brighter before uploading.

WOW this looks ten times better than the Cowboys9000 version. :O :D Look forward to downloading it when its finished. Keep up the good work.

I know. I have his model too. Will this one be freewear or paywear? I can't tell since this is not in the downloading topics of the forum?

Nothing new to report on. I dont know when I will be able to get back to work on any of my projects. If I sit to long anymore the right side of my stomach hurts which is around my appendix so I may have to get an operation. Yay -_-.

Hey,

I think you could probably spend some time stretching and squishing a few areas on the model and it'd look significantly better.

Compare here:

1522LastRun.jpg

I'm seeing the sand dome as being maybe a little too high, too small diameter. Also, it's actually almost completely flat for most of its top; yours is round. It should have vertical sides up to a curve into another flat side.

Like this:

1522_dome.png

Also, the cab roof has a lot more curvature on the actual locomotive. Just look through pictures and compare; you're pretty close, but look at how parts are sized relative to others. The stack, for example, should be a little higher than the sand dome; but how will you approach that? Will you shorten the sand dome, or raise the stack?

You're pretty close, dude. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help; I have some okay Gmax skills and a lot of steam obsession. I'm also about 5 miles from the 1522, so let me know if you want any specific reference pics and I'll try to stop by sometime.

Hey,

I think you could probably spend some time stretching and squishing a few areas on the model and it'd look significantly better.

Compare here:

1522LastRun.jpg

I'm seeing the sand dome as being maybe a little too high, too small diameter. Also, it's actually almost completely flat for most of its top; yours is round. It should have vertical sides up to a curve into another flat side.

Like this:

1522_dome.png

Also, the cab roof has a lot more curvature on the actual locomotive. Just look through pictures and compare; you're pretty close, but look at how parts are sized relative to others. The stack, for example, should be a little higher than the sand dome; but how will you approach that? Will you shorten the sand dome, or raise the stack?

You're pretty close, dude. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help; I have some okay Gmax skills and a lot of steam obsession. I'm also about 5 miles from the 1522, so let me know if you want any specific reference pics and I'll try to stop by sometime.

I gladly thank you for references. I have been working on the new textures as well routes and such. I will be paying close attention during the rebuild of the boiler, sand dome and stack. The stack will be raised about 0.5m while the sand dome will be completely redone.

You say you know some work around gmax. Do you know animation of drive wheels and rod assemblys?

Hey, so my pc locked up and I lost all my mesh files. I have restarted this model in Auto desk 3D Max. Here is a shot of what I got done so far.

96dfd7083e57994f874207d46482b4be.jpg

ooh, ouch. I had that happen to me a few times; cost me one of my TRS2006 installs and my original install copy of TS2009 (the other loss of TRS2006 occurred after my computer just went and did a Casey Jones on me...). I've lost many a great route project over the years...it's taught me to backup my files like you wouldn't believe!!

Lol, mine was way worse. I lost my 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2012 install. I was unable to transfer any files I had. Somehow my backups got erased too =/

Oh dear...Word of advice. At least personally what I do is save all my WIP routes (and any local modifications of locos, cars, etc) to my external hard drive, along with all my installed and purchased Payware and any hard-to-find dependencies for routes and such. Normally I'll double-save my Payware and any of the hard-to-track-down dependencies to one of my 4GB flash drives as well; that's especially true for the latter case if I find out the website that hosted that particular content no longer exists.

Last edited:
Back