Tumbler Ridge Project

Thanks for the comments guys!

The GM6C is still being worked on. Still tweaking textures and in game features.

As for trees, I've actually moved away from using the payware JVC pack I purchased on this route since they don't match up with what I'm trying to model. But I do use them in other route scenes.

Now for the sad part, unless somebody comes out of the blue and models white spruce, *black spruce*, basalm poplar, basalm fir, and white birch trees compatible with TANE I'm pretty much screwed with vegetation since nearly all of the trees I'm using in my forests are Pofig trees which happen to resemble these trees the best so far. So thank you Pofig for that.

As for PC specs, mine aren't impressive but they get the job done (will be doing major upgrade to a desktop in a week or so)

GPU: Nvidia GT540M 1gb

CPU: I5 2450m @2.50ghz

Ram: 6GB

I get okay-ish frames on my route if I have the draw distance turned down to like 2000m. otherwise trainz takes like 9 years to update scenery past that.

matt this route looks like complete crap, it makes me want to vomit like If I was 14 beers deep.
Just kidding young grasshopper it looks great

Now for the sad part, unless somebody comes out of the blue and models white spruce, *black spruce*, basalm poplar, basalm fir, and white birch trees compatible with TANE I'm pretty much screwed with vegetation since nearly all of the trees I'm using in my forests are Pofig trees which happen to resemble these trees the best so far. So thank you Pofig for that.

Yeah that's how I feel about the route I've put so much work into. The pofig trees look great but if they won't work in TANE I'm screwed too. It sucks. Great looking route man.

Last edited:
jstn y u do dis

Here's some great examples of how much my route depends on pofig trees, though there may be an alternative - more on that later. otherwise, I realize this route doesn't do too shabby with frame rates in driver.

7cecc07c609d2967a5f35de69be7b154.jpg

5755d8f0e2270eb7c28bdb72e27abbc6.jpg

b3a59cfe6db4369e78a901a82457b6db.jpg

Oh and a new RR crossbuck that I made from pics of ones on this route

7af11ebc0bac22e213d2c442ecd28939.jpg

I hope you find a way to make pofig's trees work in TANE because you have used them perfectly. They look awesome in those shots.

Last edited:
more pics

16074562882_637b8e721a_o.jpg

15887829148_426c4bf009_o.jpg

15889498597_f19f7589d4_o.jpg

15889498187_9b39e840da_o.jpg

16073331591_edca75a9b0_o.jpg

Now I've gotten quite a bit done with this route in the recent weeks and more is getting done now. If you're interested I do have a sort of scope for what content I plan on including rolling stock wise.

- BCR GF6-C (1984-85) with a custom cab and sounds

- BCR SD40-2 (first paint scheme)

- Catenary test Caboose (still exists today)

- CN/BCR coal gondolas

- CN pointe st. charles caboose

Scenery wise there are a few things that aren't final due to some issues that have come up with the current TANE version. Hopefully I can get those sorted out.

Great new shots. Lookig incredible. The way you've used the grass splines and grass ground textures is very convening. Are those JR grass splines?

Matt,

The last pic in post #145... is the caboose released? I've been looking for a good wide vision candidate for a reskin.

Thanks,

Thanks guys! The grass splines can be found on the JR site as the grazzy splines. As for the caboose, it is not released but it will be released a bit sooner than the rest of the rolling stock.

I don't have much to show since I spent a few hours laying catenary and adjusting track along 32 miles of track from MP 1 - 32. It's pretty tedious but having the videos on youtube of the entire route viewed from the back of a sperry rail car help immensely.

Also, I guess it wouldn't hurt to show some real pictures of the route. (credit is given to author of photos)

Back