The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Now back to Kentville trying to get things back up form the crash I moved trainz into my soilet drive so its not on the HD anymore risk of failer is alot less if ever now.
dragonharh_20150130_0000_zps56556838.jpg

dragonharh_20150130_0005_zps43dc659e.jpg

dragonharh_20150130_0002_zps6e23e251.jpg

dragonharh_20150130_0001_zpsdcff34ff.jpg

Wen I get time I'll build the real stations for you rick Form what I was told the current Dartmouth CN station is the old Dartmouth station its just been moved about 20feet and mostly rebuilt around 1070s just before the line closed.

Hello All; By golly, I think I've planted the last dang bush!!!! I present to you the bushes of Upper Musquodoboit (the end of the line). Now all I gotta do is all the rest of the work! Dark green will be forest, light green with bushes will get grass and light green will become farms with a few more textures swirled in. I may have used more JVC-(ST-1) Shurbs 1b than the rest of you trainzers combined! Thanks J (don't have your name in front of me at the moment), I really made a pig out of myself with your shrubs! Don't mind the mess on the other side of the road, just picking out what I'm going to use over there.

Well D, you're right! I have to put the plow on the ATV and get rid of some of it in a few minutes. If it starts raining, and then freezes, it will be impossible to get rid of it. The wife will have to skate to the shop! That's it for today, finished the bush work and thankfully the power stayed on.

Later folks .... Rick
rickf77_20150127_0001.jpg~original
rickf77_20150127_0000.jpg~original

What is this route that i keep on seeing? And where can I get it?

Its the Dartmouth Sub or known as Musquodoboit Railway and rick said he had no plans to reless it.

Here a video about the route I made a few years ago.

Glad to see you're near completion of your route Rick,its been a pleasure watching you stamp your mark on the Canadian trainz scene and hope to see more over the years,hone that craft my friend,and have fun doing it.:wave:
uy89X3.jpg

yhAmty.jpg

T3wonf.jpg

Rick you need to give your self more crated then that ppl ask for it then that means your doing something worthy or being relessed and form what I can see there 5 hits on that. You shod have seen Dragons pass MSTS Vrison... Its horrible complete pice of crap I honestly wont it removed it looks soo bad compare to the trainz vrison.
You have diffidently past the lvl of worthy work.

Hi Vuk; This is my second try at the same route. It will never be worthy of uploading to the site. I think the most embarrassing part is the track work. Although this used to be in the area where I live, I know very little about it. I'm trying to just capture the feel of the late 1950s in Nova Scotia. Poor folks still living off the land and sea. I have no idea of what most of the communities or small rail yards looked like. So, it has become more fiction than truth. About this time the roads were finally good enough that the railroad was becoming less important.

I have no real skills! What you see is the work of a guy who bought the sim, then while waiting for that to arrive, read about TransDEM and ordered that. Somehow I figured out enough about TransDEM to make the map, and went at it! I've just been learning on the job. Honestly, it's been 2 or 3 days since I learned you can lower items by fives (5 units of what I'm not sure!). Before that, I thought you could only do it by tens. I learned this when one of my fingers slipped off the "Ctrl" key! I wish I could do the great work so many others can. For now, I would never embarrass myself or upload something not worthy of being in the DLS. I'm sort of just showing you what a "normal" unskilled guy can do! So, if you're like me and want to try building a route, just go for it!

Cheers .... Rick

You are wrong Rick, you really have good skills in building a route. Your route, no matter if it is semi-fictional or not, is well done with very good use of ground texture.... The use of ground texture is the most difficult part. Even a prototypical route with Transdem, if texturing it is not good, result is not good too. Yours is great. About lifting the object, using shift key to lift 5 instead of ten: It is gradated in centimeter from the ground so if your object is lifted up to 1,25, it's bottom is 1m25 from the ground.
Cheers !
Pierre as Rail4Pete
PS Not really sure was is burning over there in that dump, but in the 50's till the 80's every garbage was burned into these dump...

Back