The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

FphC4dwU.jpg

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

Hi Folks;
I've been enjoying the shots that have been posted. Great work.

I've been occupied restructuring hardware and software on my two main machines after beta testing SP2 HF1.
SP1 HF1, I regret to say, has been binned. Why, you ask? Well, today I loaded The Kettle Valley route into SP2 HF1 (Build 90945), used Mini Map to move to where I wanted to edit.. I noticed odd looking grey baseboards as I was tracking along. I stopped and found that a cluster of about 12 baseboards had lost all their elevation data. Track and roads were still there. I bailed and did a reload (from the ground up) and the baseboards were now as they should be. Whew, said I, much relieved.
I wondered what might have happened had I not noticed, done some editing and saved the route. If I had then come back and found the flat baseboards, I would have been really pi****.

As I said above Build 90945 is in the bin and there it's going to stay. These are my problems, YMMV.

Having cleaned up after my rant :hehe: here are two pictures. Build 84204

96a7bb954df6f83ac483e3487a10d510.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] and another:

bbb9930d0c52e287808b392b85f1610a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We are North of Romeo on the Coquihalla River.
That's all from me today.
--Cheers,
--Michael.

Nice shots WCRULEZ. I like that one from inside the caboose!

That's a good one from you too, Epo. I've been trying out European steam engines lately.

Michael, I really like that first shot of yours. The angle is great! Glad your Kettle Valley route is OK. I never overwrite my route when saving just in case something bad happens and I backup the entire install on two different drives.

Norfolksouthern37, what can I say? The screenshots are awesome but the SD-40s blew me away. They look fantastic! Nicely done!

Here's a shot on the Wilkie Sub again. You can see the elevators at Perdue on the left, Leney to the right of center and a private elevator on a farm on the far right.
Cheers, Jack

d34ece1f603b74a969566a61b66f9f68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Loadman, that's a very nice Christmas scene. That's a great looking station. Saskatoon used to have a nice one until CN moved the yard out of the city in 1960s. It got torn down and a shopping mall went up although they did make it look a bit like a railroad station from the front around the main entrance.

First Norfolksouthern37 shows us a CP triclops SD40 and now Riley displays an SD60 triclops. Very impressive Riley!

Here's an eastbound passing the siding at Xena.
Cheers, Jack

73eaf112dbb7fd4d27c08f6bff7770d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Loadman, that's a very nice Christmas scene. That's a great looking station. Saskatoon used to have a nice one until CN moved the yard out of the city in 1960s. It got torn down and a shopping mall went up although they did make it look a bit like a railroad station from the front around the main entrance.

The Stratford Station is still in use today. Four VIA trains stop here plus it is used by The Goderich-Exeter Railway as their headquarters.
The tower of the station which is shown on the model was torn down a number of years ago. The model is the work of Tom Landers.
He has also produced many other buildings for Trainz under the name of tlanders. All available on the DLS.

Loadman

I forgot to mention that CP's station here is still standing. It is a smaller building than what CN had but a nice looking structure. There are a number of businesses in it these days.
I've used some of Tom Landers' stuff. They're nice assets.

Cheers, Jack

A short CN 500, going to Saint-Narcisse then going back to Rimouski, on the fictive Notre-Dame Subdivision.

Later, GP38-2W CN 4784 switches cars at Sainte-Blandine.

Last edited:
Nice presents WCRULEZ. You must have been a very good boy!
IanRailroad, nice work.
Here's an eastbound on a frigid prairie evening. And it's been a little nippy here the past few days, getting into the -30s C.
Cheers, Jack

5bf7f3e86a07cbe4680a87bb95a7bc24.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SD40-2W trailing on train 401* in Saint-Narcisse**.

*Fictive symbol **In real life, there isn't any railroads going through Saint-Narcisse

Thanks for the compliment, Jango. Sometimes everything comes together.
I like that screenshot of yours IanRailroad. Good job.
Nice and sunny on the Watrous Sub. Unfortunately the thermometer was reading -36C this morning.
Cheers, Jack

886065053423de0743a4e9c583be6600.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CN M349 crawls by on the main as Hiwassee Terminal L09 works the Butte Des Morts Interchange Yard

Minutes later, A428 blows through on track 2 with UP power leading a CN SD70M-2

Last edited:
Nice shots WCRULEZ.
Seasonal assets can really make a route look different Oknotsen. I'm trying to use as many as possible.

Happy New Year everyone!
Jack

00118a49d102011e33f62826584b0f8e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back