The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Thank you Blue, but I think the other guys posting here have me beat. I need to find some thistles and other weeds to mix in with the grass but first I want to get the track and basic scenery done.

Cheers,
Jack

jackyamstel copy that,

Your doing just fine, it takes time to work with Trainz, there is so much to learn, the good thing, it will keep our brains well stimulated.

If you go into Content Mgr, and select download Station, type in

GRASS found lots of stuff in Download, if you look at Asset Preview it will show how it looks so you see before downloading, if it's what u like?

thistles ( i didn't find anything there) Other folks here probably know where you can find some easily?

weeds found several different types too, I need to download Weeds and Grass too, that look better than the stuff I have in Inventory now.

Have a good evening.

Hi Blue. Yes, lots of grass on the download station. One day I'll have to look at it all more closely. In the meantime I'll keep using what I have and if I find something I like better I'll swap them. I've tried quite a few already.

Here's potash moving on the Wilkie Sub.

Cheers,
Jack

58ff7592bb24c0aadac0777100b60143.jpg

Nice shot on Clear day, and you can see forever........

Copy on inventory, I have a ton to go through mine when I get some time, rename a bunch of it, so I can find it easier, as some of the names are really esoteric.

Hi Jack, I guess the tour with Via Rail will have paid off anyway! I can imagine that the great scenery is very impressive even at night? When the moon is between the mountains, or you sit in the observation car and follow the train through the night. On sleeping, i would not think there.

94jteb.jpg

Last edited:
That is a really nice shot, escd84! I like the heavy forest and the angle of the shot looking down on the trains. That third unit is sure smoking. Looks like it is in the 8th notch with the loadmeter pegged at 1500 amps! Great job! As for the Fraser canyon, couldn't see too much at night. I sat up in the dome car closest to the head end so it was possible to see a little of what was ahead but off to the sides not much was visible. The Rocky Mountaineer is calling!

And here is a shot of a ballast train pulling into the siding at the west end of Neola. Seems like I've been working on the area of the Neola siding forever.

Cheers,
Jack

fa41eb2ac9a8bfe46068870693afb665.jpg

It that is the last thing I do in life, is lots of Rail Rides in the American and Canadian Rockies, I road up on the Alaska Railroad and Yukon NG lines, absolutely awesome, and the Wild Life , Bull Moose, American Eagles playing on the beach while there fishing, just the best part, Ate some smoked Reindeer I think it was.........Need to get up to Pacific Northwest, and Eastern Coast lines as well, so many Railroads, so little time.

And then there's Australia, 1/2 way around the world.

Ok Ok, I know I'm not a millionaire, but I can dream.

That is truly spectacular Cayden. You've done a terrific job with that. The last shot really puts it all into perspective. Congrats! It would be great to see more of that area.

Cheers,
Jack

c8db0c6ff571865eb1a7a4e4975cd141.jpg

@IvanSokolov: Thanks Ivan, is a lot to do in Vancouver for your and BTVFD Mountaineer stuff! By the way demand, are there considerations to make that ultradomes in the new livery?

@Jackyamstel: Enjoy yourself when the time comes with the ride! If I had the money and the time, I would take the Coastal Passage route.

@Cayden: Agree Jack, very worth seeing your pictures! And beautiful to admire your work in TANE. Am looking forward to the future with your route.

GUkZaY.jpg

Wow escd84, fantastic waterfront! Spectacular work.

If I may bother you for a second, what barges are you using?

If I may bother you for a second, what barges are you using?

Thanks rr325, here are the barges, all on the DLS.

<kuid:524343:6099> transport Crane boat catrine n 12
<kuid:524343:6100> transport boat Guida n 23
<kuid:524343:6101> transport boat Ligia n 48
<kuid:524343:6102> transport boat Sophie n 35
<kuid:524343:6103> transport boat Vicki n 19

Here a fall screen of CN #4509 coming around the turn just before the Long Lake spur, she sits and waits for the OK to proceed onto the old sub track.
2016-09-08%20104444_zpsv5aajd67.jpg

Great job there VIA! The colours, the track curving along the shore, the smoking GP9 - a real nice screenshot!

Westbound.

Cheers,
Jack

ea8b1146f251ac39290a9c3485614805.jpg

Wanted to thank you for the Barges, I downloaded them yesterday and they'll work perfect in my route with the Harbor/Beach area I'm remodeling.

Back