The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Very nice job evilcrow !
a5b3e08b86ba08c35ffb964e2861ce44.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and the color version
daf730fe9b4e025798afd969d0b6b2c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Great screenshots guys! The night scenes from Chris and evilcrow are excellent. Evilcrow, it's nice of you to post some your amazing work here. Pierre, your work is good to see and very fine as always.

Bradwell East here.
Cheers, Jack

d470259acc039f3bd03bb810da1f5439.jpg

Nice to see something from you again Kingston! As always, great work from you, the colors and the scene are stunning.

And also to the other guys here, thank you for sharing yours beautiful work! Can hardly wait for all this masterpiece

xMe7im.jpg

AF0YJK.jpg

wFi7aU.jpg

There have certainly been some great screen shots here lately.
Nice shot of the yard evilcrow. I wonder what that CP diesel is doing there. We did get the odd CP unit at the CN diesel shop in Saskatoon but it was quite rare.
That's a lovely autumn shot kingstonflyer. It's a pretty time of year until the leaves all fall to the ground.
And Christian, those shots of yours are terrific. The last one looks like -30! Great job on those!
I may just have to run some CPR steam on my CN route. That looks pretty darn good Steve!
And here's some CNR steam on the main at Bradwell. I guess there used to be four grain elevators there at one time. Now there is just one and the railway doesn't serve it anymore.

Cheers, Jack

d83d24aa0a0314a584be1b8b1d88b484.jpg

Re post #2967 jackyamstel

Thanks for the compliment Jack, the diesel has just worked a railtour / fan-trip (that's my excuse). May soon get another visit with a certain CP T1a Selkirk.
My knowledge of Canadian railways is very limited and from what you say, I get the feeling then that CN and CP did not share facilities etc. ?.

Nice shot from your good self

Ken

Hi Ken. Thanks for the comment on my own screen shot. I don't think it quite measures up to what you and some others having been showing but my grandson is impressed so I'm happy with that. And that's a perfect explanation for having that CP engine in your shot. As far as I know CN and CP don't share any facilities. If someone knows different I'd like to know about it as well. I know they run on each other's track in places though.

I sure do like those latest screenies from you Christian. Very well done sir!!

Cheers, Jack

IMG_3698.JPG

On the very rare occasion as in a shot I got in March of 2014, CP and CN may even work together. I am sure the CN SD70M grabbed a little fuel from the CP fuel depot before hitting the rails eastward from Winnipeg. So anything is possible.

Claude

Last edited:
Good picture Claude. I remember the CP power at CN's shop but deteriorating brain cells keep me from remembering why. For all I know CN units may have been parked over at the CPR shops a time or two.

Cheers, Jack

Re post #2967 jackyamstel

Thanks for the compliment Jack, the diesel has just worked a railtour / fan-trip (that's my excuse). May soon get another visit with a certain CP T1a Selkirk.
My knowledge of Canadian railways is very limited and from what you say, I get the feeling then that CN and CP did not share facilities etc. ?.

Nice shot from your good self

Ken
True! Often (not sharing) poses difficulties when building routes. Case in point: The Fraser Canyon in BC. CNR right of way: one side of the canyon; CPR the other side. Makes sense, Yes? But no; they change sides now and then. (I haven't got quite that far in my route, so I haven't counted the river crossings). Both CN and CP thought that was silly and since both rights of way are single track it was decided that westbound traffic travels on the CNR ROW and eastbound on the CPR. This works out to having double tracks for 160 km, in a region where double tracking is not possible.

I can't quote any sources, so caveat emptor :)

And Yes, the Selkirk T1a and T1c are magnificent and vital if one is Trainzing in BC during the steam era. Well done Steve!

Cheers, and Thanks to all those who post screen shots here. All the images are great and are inspiring to route builders!
--Michael.

Looking real good there Ken!

Glad you jumped in here with that information Michael. I remember riding VIA to Vancouver a few years back, CN track going west and CP going east in the Fraser valley between Hope and Vancouver. Unfortunately, not much to be seen from Hope north to Kamloops as the train runs through that area in the dark. But there's always the Rocky Mountaineer which I still hope to ride one day.

And in the spirit of Claude's photo, here's a westbound potash at mile 166.45.

Cheers everyone, Jack

52211d40a8221cbcc8be6645738f39f2.jpg

Back