The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

1280_3634316439303135.jpg

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

Man Adam you've got some really nice looking stuff there. I see the Gp40s were released, do you plan to release the BC unit and the hoppers? I've been dying for Trainz to have some trinity hoppers. Keep up the great work.

Nice shot and race rick, with a bonus effect of dust ! Is it Photoshop or an attachement you put to these cars ?
Cheers !
Rail4Pete

Hi Pete; Hee, hee, all fake my friend! I don't know how to use Photoshop and will never know how to do attachments. I had to count on one of many of Deane's derelict items again. So many other uses for those great items! This time it's Derelict Mattress 04, It's a smoldering mattress great for old time small town dumps. There are about a dozen of them sunk 10 meters behind the cars. I don't like the moving vehicles. I can't use this everywhere. It might be good at crossings when you can see a fair distance down the road.

I've seen this done the correct way (with attachment point) in my old CFS2 flight sim. They made dust for runways and a kind of wake for water takeoffs.

Hope you still like it!

Cheers .... Rick

I still like it of course, but using derelict mattress :confused: LOL ......that makes my day :D I should not have asked because the magic behind the shot slightly diminish...LOL

Have a good day !
Rail4Pete

Very nice, Benjamin! Well, you can't go wrong with Canadian shots!

Cheers .... Rick
For sure!
I've been busy in The Froobie Locomotive Werks :)

1st, a shot from the Fort Steele Heritage Railway. They run a restored 2-6-2 #1077. (Neither CP or CN had any 2-6-2s)
2-6-2atFtSteeleheritageRR_zps8b213c00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Next, my current project. A CPR 2-10-4. CP had 36 of these brutes and CN had 10. CP called them Selkirks and CN called them Texas. Here's one crossing the bridge to the Fort Steele Wye.
cpr2-10-4atFtSteelebridge_zps75cdeb33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cpr2-10-4atFtSteelebridge2_zps768d997d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
and the last; leaving the Wye with goods headed for Fernie and the coal fields.
cpr2-10-4atFtSteelewye_zps37088ff4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The Selkirk is a wip & it'll be awhile before it's at the DLS. Both CP & CN versions need a thingy mounted above the headlamp and the CP needs running boards.

Cheers to all! (rick: my son works in recycling and has put aside 10 mattresses just for you. :hehe: Apparently it's monthly moving time.)
I enjoy all the pictures, for sure. Please keep 'em coming!

--Michael.

Last edited:
Back