The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Finally!!! Boy, that looks fantastic my friend! It's been a long time since you showed us your work. Amazing work, amazing screenshots, just plain amazing! Thanks for sharing, don't keep us waiting too long for more!

Hope all is well for you, cheers......Rick

Finally!!! Boy, that looks fantastic my friend! It's been a long time since you showed us your work. Amazing work, amazing screenshots, just plain amazing! Thanks for sharing, don't keep us waiting too long for more!

Hope all is well for you, cheers......Rick
Thanks Rick. After a 2nd heart attack at 49 , I had some important considerations that were in first place so that slowed me down much on trainz. Rethinking the way I'am eating and preparing healthy foods (Dr Dean Ornish's program) is really time consuming. I should do more in trainz in the next months.
Cheers!
RailPete

Morning there Pete: I noticed your reply yesterday at the wife's shop and could not reply from there. I "cleaned up" the wife's compute about a week ago. I cleaned it too good! I don't know my password, have it written down at home.

Sounds like you are getting back on track. Stick to the program! If you can, try to get a little walking in. It's a good thing to do, and not just for the exercise. You're only a pup! I want you to go for at least another 49 years! The thing I find about trainz is that it can cause me to sit on my rear end for hours. I guess it might be helpful for exercising the brain a bit, but not much else.

Take care my friend.........Rick

Great shots Nikita! I'm really lucky to live in Canada. I love getting away from it all and just sit somewhere and take it all in!

Cheers ... Rick

Great shots, Nikita!! Here's a few east coast shots! Finally, finally off the beach (last look at that, I swear!).

Cheers ... Rick
rickf77_20140728_0002-1.jpg~original
rickf77_20140728_0001.jpg~original
rickf77_20140728_0003.jpg~original

Looks good guys I'll have something done soon sorry I been quite with any news on my projects thing is I've swopped and work and just have no time to do anything but sleep I've been very very busy with my job no time to breath.

The RS23 WHRC Ex CPs are off being skinned and the M420 is getting a makeover I hope I hate the currant skin on it.

My models are becoming out of date no one wants them.

Last edited:
Morning D; Work and sleep, I've been there!

Some folks seem to like the old stuff. Don't ditch them, some may still need them.

I'll be watching for any news from you after works slows down a bit.

Cheers ... Rick

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=423363&nseq=1http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=423362&nseq=2
Looks good guys I'll have something done soon sorry I been quite with any news on my projects thing is I've swopped and work and just have no time to do anything but sleep I've been very very busy with my job no time to breath.

The RS23 WHRC Ex CPs are off being skinned and the M420 is getting a makeover I hope I hate the currant skin on it.

My models are becoming out of date no one wants them.

Personnaly I woud use the rs23 in old CP sheme like the link I provided. Rail4Pete

:wave: rickf77

Your beach scenes are excellent and warming. It is winter here in NZ and very cold at times, so seeing folk surfing and in their swimwear makes me feel a bit warmer. I had to giggle at one of your shots, where the surfer is falling off the surfboard..very cool . I like seeing those small touches as it gives emotion etc, oh and a bit of real life antics :hehe:

Canada seems to be very green, similar to NZ in many ways. Would this be correct?
There are so many wonderful screenshots in this thread. Anyway thought I would drop in and say hello :)

Hello my friend! Canada is really big! I guess like many other countries, the railroads had a big part in making the country. In my part of the country, it seems like we are doing everything we can to get rid of the railroads. In real life, maybe 5 miles or so of my route remain.

I really hate progress! I hate to see my area grow. Nothing hurts me more than to see another natural area destroyed and turned into a sub division. Well, nothing I can do about that.

It is still a great country. You don't have to go too far to get away from the city. Around here (Nova Scotia) it is beautiful all the time! For some strange reason, cruise ships start showing up in the fall. They must come to see the leaves change colour. Doesn't this happen everywhere!? Nova Scotia is know as "Canada's Ocean Playground". (something like that). I'm just on the outside of Dartmouth, know as "City of Lakes".

Lawerencetown Beach is one of the closest beaches to Dartmouth. Hee, hee, you will never find a surfer there not wearing a wet suit. I've even seen them surfing in the winter! I'm not sure if they surfed there in the 1950s. The surfers prefer the area at the far end of the beach (where the boulders are in the water). The sand you see on the side of the tracks away from the water will be covered with SOME type of grass (one of these days!). That area should be small sand dunes but did not really show up on my dem map. I'll fake it somehow!

I think most Canadians feel a kind of connection to Kiwis and Aussies. Must go back to the days of Mother England. We're all just peasants out in the colonies! Your little country is amazing! If it was closer, I'm sure it would be our number one place to go for vacations! It seems like you have EVERYTHING squeezed into that small island! ...yet, you have managed to keep it very natural.

Times are changing! We never used to lock our doors. I guess it's the same everywhere. Still, you can knock on a door and not worry about someone answering with a gun in their hand!

We hear about you every time the earth moves. Stay safe, healthy, and happy my friend!

Cheers ....Rick

Good Heavens D, you have been up early theses days! You're keeping old man hours, well at least my hours! Those units are looking pretty dang good!

Cheers .... Rick

Progress Shot of the Ex CP WHRC RS23
dragonharh_20140801_0002_zps0314c604.jpg

dragonharh_20140801_0000_zpsc0275452.jpg

dragonharh_20140801_0001_zps10bcf906.jpg

Note: These units wont Be released on DLS due to strict copyrights I can give them out to a frew ( Friends ).

Back