The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Hi Dave,

My request is not for a convenience store, but for Canada's largest retailer which is called Canadian Tire which has been around since 1922. They sell automotive products, hardware, sporting goods, outdoor leisure products and
also have a full auto maintenance and some locations sell gasoline. They have locations right across Canada. Most Canadians have a love / hate relationship with them due to their sometimes not so friendly return policies
and their up selling of auto work which is not always necessary. Their nickname is "Crappy Tire".

They are a true iconic Canadian story who have survived and actually flourished with the onslaught of USA retailers such as Walmart, Home Depot, and Costco in the last 25 years.
More info is available here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tire

Thanks Dave

Gerry Lee

Hi Dave,

My request is not for a convenience store, but for Canada's largest retailer which is called Canadian Tire which has been around since 1922. They sell automotive products, hardware, sporting goods, outdoor leisure products and
also have a full auto maintenance and some locations sell gasoline. They have locations right across Canada. Most Canadians have a love / hate relationship with them due to their sometimes not so friendly return policies
and their up selling of auto work which is not always necessary. Their nickname is "Crappy Tire".

They are a true iconic Canadian story who have survived and actually flourished with the onslaught of USA retailers such as Walmart, Home Depot, and Costco in the last 25 years.
More info is available here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tire

Thanks Dave

Gerry Lee

I'll add "Crappy Tire" to my to do list, but I'm doing Convenience stores right now. Y'see, I have a basic mesh made that I rework to make a lot of various convenience stores without having to completely start over with each store.

2 CN GP9rm's lead the eastbound paper job into the Windsor city limits, almost arriving at Windsor Yard West. He will then add these cars to the westbound manifest later today. This shot was taken on my WIP "Windsor Sub" route.

Those reskins that you did of Ben Neal's engines look excellent in Tane, froobie. Big thanks to both of you!

Those good old GP9s keep on going and going. Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,
Jack

eaffdcf90caea1a57ec349dac2d333be.jpg

Today I decided to chase a westbound grain with a KCS ES44 leading. We first see him waiting for a new crew at County Road M.

We then catch him slowly rolling past the Windsor Railfan Park.

Our final spot was at the Milton Grain storage yard entrance just off State Road 43.

From here he will head north into Canada for more loads.

Last edited:
Oh boy, Gerald, that is one sharp looking locomotive! Nice job!! That's a great talent you have. Nice screen shot too by the way.

Grain on the way to Vancouver.

Cheers,
Jack

853ba53f3cfc1ccb278b3c1f560b88d3.jpg

Those would be the indicator lights for the doors. Most modern passenger cars have them, IE Bombardier Bilevels, Comet Cars, Horizons, etc.

Back