The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

py32.jpg

rickf77_20140424_0000.jpg~original
Good day Gents; There's a bit of a storm going on outside, maybe even some snow. I guess I should expect that, but I've had enough already! I'm making very slow progress. I'm starting to believe I need a new mouse. Anyway, here's 4 photos of Dartmouth. 1... Coast Guard base. 2... Imperial oil. 3... Upper married quarters. 4... Lower married quarters. HMCS (oh, alright CFB) Shearwater is next on my list. In the last photo I was smitten by the..er..ah.. caboose on the beautiful girl with the white top and jeans! Farmers and fishermen used to sell their goods at this spot. I have not noticed them the past couple of years. Maybe some higher ups put a stop to it. I'm not sure, but the Coast Guard base may be shutting down, moving up into Bedford Basin. Imperial oil should be closing any day now. Well, that's progress for ya!?

Hey guys, should I delete the photos after a couple of days? I don't want to hog all the space!

Cheers...Rick

Well, there they are. You can see how much time I waste trying to get Photobucket to do the same thing twice in a row. I ALMOST had all 4 in the same post, but for some reason the last one messed it all up. It's not their fault and thanks to them.

Cheers... Rick

Looks awesome man. And no, don't delete your pictures after a few days. Everyone just keeps them up for prosperity, just look at the USA pics thread and see how many pics are still there from the beginning.

Thanks for that info Jade. Finally made it past the Shearwater base, now I'm bogged down again (hee, hee).

Cheers...Rick
rickf77_20140429_0000.jpg~original

Hi "Felix"; The 2-8-0 came from the boys at K&L. I think you must be about the 10th person to ask about it. It was a commission work loco. I'm not trying to be the only one who can have it, and would love to send it to all who want it. I would never do that without asking Steve first. He put in a lot of time on the locos (N4a and N4b). I'd like to see him make a few bucks off the loco. If that happens, he may consider doing more CNR locos ( a fella can dream, can't he?). Knowing Steve, he will want to somehow make the 2-8-0s even better. I know Steve must be very busy and I try not to bother him too much. I have not heard from him in a while. If I have not heard from him by May 15, I will write and ask him what his plans for the 2-8-0s are. As far as I'm concerned, It's Steve's loco and he can do whatever he chooses to do with it. All I did was ask him to build it. I am very, very happy that he chose to do it!

Cheers....Rick

Morning lovers of the CNR 2-8-0; I have just finished a "conversation" with Steve and he says he will put the loco(s) on his site. Give him some time, he is a very busy man. Now, I want you all to buy lots of 'em! That way, he may decide to do more CNR locos! It's not easy getting a southern brother to take a look at Canadian steamers. I think Steve may have a place in his heart for Canadian steam. If you have any of the K&L locos, you know how great they are. Those boys know how to build steamers!

Cheers....Rick

Hi Chris; I think they will be payware. I'm sure they will be very reasonable. Maybe around the same price as the B&O 2-8-0? I think at this time it's the best CNR steamer out there. Well, I KNOW it is! I've been really, really lucky to have 2 of the very best (Steve and Brian aka lilb) do Canadian locos and rolling stock. I cannot make a darn thing myself. If I can interest these guys to take the jobs on and others can get them at very reasonable prices or free, it kind of makes me feel like I've helped the community in a small way. I have a feeling more Canadian gear is in the works!

Cheers....Rick

Good morning my German friend! In that last shot, you will see a road barrier in the bottom left corner. If you could follow that road down the hill you would end up at "The Auto Port". That is where the line ends today. The tracks in the shot were removed many years ago (1980s?). It is now a nature trail. This is as far as I've made it on my second attempt at the route. Up ahead (to the right in the shot) is the first of many small steel and wood bridges. The bridge is still there. There is a builder's plate on it that has the date "1914". I cannot believe somebody has not run off with it! Well, you would need some tools to "cut" it off. I was going to "borrow" it, but decided just to take a photo. Who knows...maybe some other person will notice it and get the same little thrill I got when I discovered it!

Cheers....Rick

Back