Jenny River Basin

He reskinned it to match the ground and ballast textures around it. I don't see why it would be unreleasable without proper permission. Why don't you ask JR?

Well my friend, its....JR ;-) I do not ask, i can give me the "no permission" myself...

@pdkoester: Its JR Concrete 1, but heavily reskinned so it looks realistic (coal dust and dirt + we are in a desert region). Replacing it with the original looks like ****, sorry man

2nd: Yep those kuids will be replaced :)

@applegathc, thanks and have fun with it :)

flusi, you should check with them, they are very nice folks, maybe that will be something they will give a thumbs up for...

Paul

Err Paul...i am well known and hated by their members as far as i know, due to my own silly comments months ago :hehe:

bummer, I'd think they'd be able to forgive and forget, but alas... :(
Its just how the community works right now. Oh well, I'm sure it will look fine with the usual track. Wish I could use it, but ehhh... Don't think I can backdate it into TS2010.

i am well known and hated by their members as far as i know, due to my own silly comments months ago
As for this, well, sometimes some particular people deserve such comments...........

Last edited:
When I released my route I also politely asked JR for permission to release reskins of their track. Give it a try Felix.

@Jacksonbarno: Yay, that sounds nice :D

@Nicky: I never asked anyone - and never released anything. So dont have any experience :/ I'll may ask, may not...idk if it makes any sense. I'll think about it the next days. New version with replaced track and Payware items coming out today i think :)

@Nicky: I never asked anyone - and never released anything. So dont have any experience :/ I'll may ask, may not...idk if it makes any sense. I'll think about it the next days. New version with replaced track and Payware items coming out today i think :)

Well, okay, I guess I should need to now remove all this, such a pity. I was only missing your two tracks. Could you still try to ask for release? Please? It would be neat to run this as you originally intended. Being that you are going to change it all without Payware items, and different track, then it is going to be a lot different, right?

Paul

Being that you are going to change it all without Payware items, and different track, then it is going to be a lot different, right?

Paul

Nope...textures for example are from Trainzitalias Sherman Hill, which is no payware. Only Marias Pass assets need replacements.
Only tracks and switch machines are a significant difference. And the payware route will be up for download though, so people can chose between the two versions, depending on whether they have MPRX or not :)

New version with replaced track and Payware items coming out today i think :)

Ok, lets forget that. I tried to let the 'replace assets' tool replace the JVC payware stuff - no chance. no result and still loading after 2h and 13 mins. guess i need to find another way tomorrow :/ sorry guys

I still think that you should ask, the route just wouldn't be the same without it.

Let's see what i can do with builtin/freeware stuff :)

Just found this thread and wanted to say thanks for all your efforts in making this and then releasing it for others to enjoy. Very nice looking route ans will be waiting for the updated one. Thanks again.

I was wondering if the freeware version of this route has come out yet as I would like to try this route myself. Also, I was wondering how your California Coast route is going these days. Are you making any progress with that route? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the freeware version of this route has come out yet as I would like to try this route myself. Also, I was wondering how your California Coast route is going these days. Are you making any progress with that route? Thanks in advance.

no, i am not making any progress on anything, mainly because i do have something called a job to pay my flat and PC...:confused:
All projects on hold...i did not even on ft on my FMRR in the last few weeks for example. lets consider me 'not active in trainz' for now...

Felix

BTW: California Coast line was cancelled some 1 yr ago....lol:hehe:

flusi737,

last final question, since you are not active now...

Could you tell me what track was closest to the ones you reskinned, so I can try to use Assetx tool to create clones under your KUIDs in the missing dependency list? I wanted to still try and run this route. Thanks.

Paul

I downloaded the CDP listed in post #83, and it does have missing dependencies, but that isn't the primary problem. It crashes my computer. More specifically, it locks it up so badly I have to bring up Task manager and kill Trainz. What is strange is that according to Task manager, Trainz is continually increasing in RAM size until it gets to around 1.5Gb of RAM and then locks up the computer. I have 8Gb of RAM available (but Trainz will only see around 2G of that).

Other than seeing the missing assets, there is no other faulty content at all Was this CDP not meant for general consumption? Is that the reason it fails?

EDIT: Whoops. I just saw your last post Felix. Sorry to bother you.

Bill

I downloaded the CDP listed in post #83, and it does have missing dependencies, but that isn't the primary problem. It crashes my computer. More specifically, it locks it up so badly I have to bring up Task manager and kill Trainz. What is strange is that according to Task manager, Trainz is continually increasing in RAM size until it gets to around 1.5Gb of RAM and then locks up the computer. I have 8Gb of RAM available (but Trainz will only see around 2G of that).

Other than seeing the missing assets, there is no other faulty content at all Was this CDP not meant for general consumption? Is that the reason it fails?

LOL ok i never heard of an error like that haha, only know that from Flight Sim 2004... o_O
The CDP was not meant for general consumption, yah, but still, it should work without problems, this can't be the reason :S well, i'll may be able to upload a new one, maybe not - depends on when i'll be on my PC again where all the stuff is installed. I am still working, but in a trainz installation where i only have russian stuff, so that does not help haha

EDIT: Whoops. I just saw your last post Felix. Sorry to bother you.

No problem...i still read the forums and answer if i can and have time :wave:

flusi737,

last final question, since you are not active now...

Could you tell me what track was closest to the ones you reskinned, so I can try to use Assetx tool to create clones under your KUIDs in the missing dependency list? I wanted to still try and run this route. Thanks.

Paul

err....mmhhhnnn closest was JR conc 1....as far as i can remember. sorry for the late reply, did not notice the new post here :/

have a nice week you all,

Felix Richter

Back