Jenny River Basin

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Good evening/morning (depends on where ya live :p )

You may think two things now: 1.) oh no, this guy posts his next thread and 2.) what an [...] Topic name.

Well...yesterday i started a new route, based on the Powder River Basin but with fictional track layout and scenery. The name is easy to explain: jenny was my guinea piggy ^^ :hehe:

If you like what i do, comment, if not, just IGNORE this thread and go ahead. i need no flamewars here!:eek:

Yeah, now to the pics:

Last edited:
Lookin good! But for the ballast I think the built in "JR Dk Grey" Might look better, just search "JR" in the texturing thing.

as usual, amazing, just amazing Felix. I agree with Amtrakwannabe, I think "JR dk Grey would look best.
TJ

That's some dang nice work there, especially for such a short period of time! I've been working on a route for a couple weeks now, and I'm still on the main yard and town! Doh... I was thinking about a PRB layout, but I think I'll just wait for yours instead now! Keep up the great work!

thanks Ivan :)

As you may have noticed, i'm working on TWO layouts: one with desert and one with more green....

Hallo, Just about the ballast:
Its sometimes hard to adjust these things the right way.
The ballast needs to match to the environmental textures beside the tracks - a grey dry ballast seems to be good for such a dry desert like area. In addition to this the track-ballast needs to fit to the ground ballast texture. And here sometimes we face problems - just if there is no good looking track available which fits to the area as required. In my point of view flusi737 uses a nice looking ballast ground texture which matches to the environmental in the area. Just the track ballast looks a bit too dark. Perhaps the creator could be asked to create a version which looks just a bit brighter.

Your's TUME

You could use some sort of road spline, or rutted road spline, then the edges would not be jagged ... you could also re-skin a road/path spline to get the ballast color you want.

Thanks for the comments everyone :D

Just the track ballast looks a bit too dark. Perhaps the creator could be asked to create a version which looks just a bit brighter.

Your's TUME

I did the track reskin myself, it is the JR conc1 track...lol. I'm still working on the textures ;)

@JackieG: It is called 'Donner 12' and was included in Trainzitalias Sherman Hill

Felix, I must say this is problably one of your best routes yet, and I really like it, your skill level is off the charts!! It makes me want to fire up my old PRB route, and make some major changes, great work man, keep it up!!! :clap::Y:

Thanks montanawestren :D But remember, i use the PRB DEM, but the scenery and trackwork is fictional, all locations too... maybe some day i'll change that :p

For now...some SP night shots.... (2x 9-44CW, 1x SD45, 120 H62 coal cars)

I was going to ask if you used a DEM or if it's free style scenery, but I saw that answer up above. How many baseboards is it so far (or at least, that you have sceniced?)

Back