The Alabama & Southeastern RR WIP Thread (Large Screenies)

Southern1581

Pineapple approved!
Me and Conrailfan1999 are double-teaming this one. I'll lay the track and place some buildings and roads, and he'll do the scenery. I'm also working on skinning up some locos and rolling stock into the A&SE livery, and slabay was kind enough to get a C40-8 going in the works (Thanks!). Conrailfan had the route last, and I haven't downloaded all of the deps yet since he sent it back, so I'll let him take the lead on the screenshots until then. If he's still up I'll see if I can get him over here and post a few. I suppose I should go ahead and put a screenshot up since this is a screenshots thread, so I'll put up some pics of the old A&SE, the half started version made in TS09. This one will be TS12 only.

While the normal shop switcher, A&SE GP39A 517, is in for some work, CSX 1151 takes over as the shops switcher at the A&SE's Autumnville Loco and Car shops. Here it is working at the car shops in a thunderstorm.

The A&SE also interchanges with the CSX at Autumnville. Here's the CSX interchange local Q271-14 en-route to Autumnville Yard with two C40-8's for power.

A CSX re-route, Q424-11, rolls into the yard with autoracks in tow.

That's it for now.

Thanks! In TS09 I had a pair of slugs finished as well as a SD39A-1 and a GP39A that both need work. I will get some shots up later. The route above is the old version, when I got TS12 I decided that it'd be easier to start over than to try and upgrade all of it so I did, and my friend conrailfan1999 is going to help me out with it. He's really good with scenery. He should be posting shots of our progress later today. In the mean time, I think I'll do a little skinning.

Here are two of the railroad's three slugs, 1201 and 1202, posing outside the Nestle Plant with an A&SE 52' mill gon. The striping on the sides of the slugs could be better, and the curve on the roof is something with the map, I can't figure out how to straighten it.

Ok all Like southern1581 said He is doing the trackwork and showing me where roads and buildings. So I build what he says to build. Here are some wip screenshots from the route in TS12. Note: No trees are going to be added to the layour yet. But enjoy!

1ndb.jpg

6f2h.jpg

Thanks! The C40-8 looks great Scott! Can't wait to put them to work! Speaking of reskins and work, I need to do a few as well, the fleet isn't going to reskin itself!

Happy Independence Day Everyone!

Some progress on the town of Autumville which is home to a large A&SE yard, the A&SE headquarters, and a interchange with CSX. Also thanks to southern1581 for the custom A&SE signs.

A&SE C40-8's are available now on my site under the other locomotives downloads. Uses the default Auran interior, bogies repaired by N8PHU, original mesh by Frank McCall (Sporbust), reskinned with permission.

Scott, you are really amazing and generous! Everyone should thank him for helping me and southern out on this project. Here are some screenshots of these beautiful locos on the A&SE in Autumville, Alabama.

Here is some prototype info about these C40-8s. The A&SE bought them from Union Pacific in 2006. Some were ex Chicago Northwestern and some were Union Pacific. The ex CNW's had k5hs and up replaced them with P3's (the A&SE still has them) and the Original UP have a mix of K3la's and RS3l's. Slabay's engine comes with a P3. If you want a RS3l get the classic cr rs3l here http://sdandcat619.wix.com/trainz-ns-railz#!blank/cxna. Get the K3la's here http://routesfortrainz.jimdo.com/horns/. Also I would recomend replacing the engine sounds with jr GE7FDL16 sounds.

Back