Google map issue?

AntonyVW

Anyone know if there is an issue with google maps? When I zoom in the map disappears and I get a message saying they dont have any data at that elevation - which is crazy as Ive used it many times before.

I can still zoom in and see my house. Date and tree growth suggest 2011 photos. There is something about Google migrating to a new mapping system.

If you're using for Transdem might be worth seeing what coverage Open Street Map has instead. Their maps have better contrast and colour use than Google and often more information depending on the area. No aerial or 3D view though.

I never realised until now how inaccurate some maps are. Take both google map and bing maps in ariel view - both claim my house is on a different road - reason being I think is that we are in an enclosed green with no road of our own. Now openstreet map I was really surprised at. I zoomed in to see my local station. No problem there it will help with getting the length of the platforms correct. What is wrong through is according to this map our train line is only double track through the station and single track on the 3 lines leading into it. Grossly wrong as the mainline is double track all the way in both directions, and the secondary line is double for about a mile after leaving the station then singles out. I hope this is not signs of things to come :) Particularly as I know the station is currently being extended and the line that is singled is going to be returned to double track working in the near future.
Oh and I now have access to the new google map - not a lot of change for me as the ariel maps are still over 4 years old for my area. How do I know this? Well my old car is on the view and I haven't owned that particular car for at least 3 and a half years.

...Well my old car is on the view and I haven't owned that particular car for at least 3 and a half years.
Previous versions of the map used to show my daughter's car in our second driveway and my front yard still under construction. The car is now gone and my front yard looks quite good. Or it used to until I got heavily involved with Trainz again. :hehe:

Back