Latvian Railways (big pictures)

Your screenshots are excellent, you are very talented, well done and keep going.......

Don't worry about people not replying to you, there have been nearly 900 views of your thread so far, so, many people are looking at your work. :)

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

So I thought - I should go take a look at the junction and signal designations on the route. It's not far and the meteorologists said that it will be sunny all day, so I'll go by bicycle.
It started to rain so badly, I would be less wet, If I'd swam to the station :D

Shunt signal M8 and route signal PM. Roughly translated, signals "Shunt 8" and "Even Route". Behind them are junctions 12, 14 and 19.

An unofficial pedestrian railway crossing which most of the time is blocked by hopper wagons constantly parked on the first two tracks. In the background the mainline diverges off to the right. I haven't electrified it yet...

The unelectrified freight-only line to the port.

Thanks for all your kind words!
Today got some new catenary assets so reworked about a third of the OLE so now it is some 95% accurate. :)
The main problem being metal poles for curved neutral sections in straights 'cause there aren't any others...
The OLE is a representation of what it was in 2008. Now most metal poles are being replaced by concrete ones.

It's 2001.
A very quiet, slightly misty early morning near Vecdaugava...

1. Looking in Ziemeļblāzma direction. The red light of signal N of Ziemeļblāzma shines brightly
2. Looking northwards
3. At 5.56 the 6101 semi-express from Skulte arrives at Ziemeļblāzma
4. At 9.31 the 6114 is seen leaving to Saulkrasti

Hope you like them :)
I still have to add some platform lighting. Then I'll post some night shots.

Thanks for your very kind words! :)

I've been working on Mangaļi - Ziemeļblāzma section. Added mileposts and speed limits. And when I say mile posts, what I mean is 100 meter posts :D Also had to recheck ALL the splines including ALL the tracks because something went wrong with the straightened splines after a sudden power outage.
And no - although this is an ex-Soviet republic, that isn't a common thing :D
As I promised, some night shots! :)

1.-2. A TEP60 with a track measurement car heading for Ziemeļblāzma and beyond
3.-4. An ER2 receives light signal warning of diverging on the 80 km/h junction prior to Mangaļi
5.-6. Both ends of Ziemeļblāzma station. A 2M62 receives all white on route to port

HAPPY LATVIAN RAILWAYS 94TH BIRTHDAY!!!

Although the first railways here were built more than 150 years ago...

Those night shots are a quite dark..
So here are some in the day!

An EMU passing under the complex wiring

Then a freight train makes its way to the port

Enjoy!

Hello maybe i can help to you with some tehnical information on route Riga-Saulkrasti. I had some runabouts on this line as locomotive driver's assistant on ER2 EMu trains

Hi there from Finland!
I Looked at your photos, and was very impressed! We with my guy have any idea how to help you... It can capture the details of this line, to send you photos, sketching schemes. I can find something in the Internet. Perhaps when you finish this route, maybe get a little further, such as the line Riga- Tukums-2. But it's so...just an idea.

You can email us.
My box: beatlokoma@gmail.com
the box my boyfriend: lejmalnieks.arturs@inbox.lv

Only Best Regards for you, my friend!!!

Back