Model Railroad Club - Virtual That Is

mcguirel

Yagottaseediss!!!!!!!!!!!
I really think this design has great potential for MP:
AO_Track_Plan_small_L.jpg

Some of the more enjoyable routes I have played have been based on model railroader layouts.

I think smaller area but a enough industries for prototypical operation is nice.

Fascinating layout......

Have you looked here?

The beauty of a model railroad layout is that it fits a lot of stuff into a small space, and it actually has the potential to get finished. (I know my Mon Line route has overwhelmed me again and is hanging out in VaporVille for now)

I like it! I'd love to see it made.

The V2.0 Construction of this fantastic O-Gauge Model Railroad has a spectacular footprint/design however not up to the challenge. Would make for even a better MP Virtual Layout, however. I have Walden Springs, WV track work completed.

Last edited:
Hum...if we knocked out staging and got rid of it, it could be a fun route to run.

Im defiantly interested, might even take it up as a challenge if you dont mind MC.

This seems like an interesting route. But I feel like if you left the staging there, it could allow for more switching opportunities and a larger space for car storage for industries that the other yard really couldn't do. I think I just might give this route a shot... :)

This seems like an interesting route. But I feel like if you left the staging there, it could allow for more switching opportunities and a larger space for car storage for industries that the other yard really couldn't do. I think I just might give this route a shot... :)

Or the Staging area could be used for underailler portals.

Hum...if we knocked out staging and got rid of it, it could be a fun route to run.

I do feel otherwise. Staging yards are useful not only on model layouts, they can be used on regular point to point routes too. I've never seen anyone else do it yet, but I have built a small staging yard at each end of my route which provides a convenient place for users to generate new consists, send out old ones (via portals), turn around their trains via balloon track and hold multiple trains for departure in desired order. With proper trigger and trackmark setup, all this can also happen automatically. In an MP session, re-rail portals could also be put in the staging yard. The possibilities are endless. At present they are hidden behind "legit" tunnels, but you could also stuff some bushes or trees or simply leave it there if it is of sufficient distance from "active" areas.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Im defiantly interested, might even take it up as a challenge if you dont mind MC.

I am working on the track plan already. Will take a considerable time to complete just the track plan, however if you want to go for it then go for it. I tend to start something and never finish it.
Model_Railroad_Appalachian_and_Ohio_Railroad.jpg

Last edited:
Me too, and I hope to see it done some time.

The idea of taking a model railroad, which in theory, should be set up to operate and building it in TRS for MP is a very good one.

Hi mcguirel,

May I ask how you managed to form and texture the terrain diagonally? Never quite figured that out myself.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Takes considerable time to do as you have to address each tile point and alter its elevation for a more pleasing contour. It tends to be a pain thus why you see many flat routes. As for progress, I worked on it today for about three hours and it crashed. All the work was gone and I had a lot done. I truly suspect TS12 SP1 which yet again N3V seems to mess things up on more than they fix. I can not find an auto save of the work. Really makes me frustrated. I also decided to erase the shown scenery and textures for now.

Back