one portal to another

justinroth

I swear I have read about this but for the life of me cannot find the info. I am trying to send a consist from one portal to another, have tried quick portal manager and central portal control. Iportal works except itwill not automatically emit the consist, which is what I need to do.

Set portal to accept all trains, then set train returns after xx minutes delay, then tick train returns through alternate portal, you have to name the portal exactly or it will not work. You can specify types of vehicles also.

Last edited:
I like iPortals, as you can send trainz to another one of your routes, and when you open the other route, your train comes out.
=============================================================================================
With portals, you can even send a train out, and direct it to come back in, at a later time at the same portal.

Or you can name a portal "in" to "out" ... and name the other portal to "out" to "in".

You can set them to come back loaded, or unloaded.

Last edited:
Directing a train to return via another Portal is missing in Un-Portal by SForget, much to my dismay. I have contacted the creator, but have had no reply.

Mick Berg.

Set portal to accept all trains, then set train returns after xx minutes delay, then tick train returns through alternate portal, you have to name the portal exactly or it will not work. You can specify types o0f vehicles also.
thank you!

I like iPortals, as you can send trainz to another one of your routes, and when you open the other route, your train comes out.
=============================================================================================
With portals, you can even send a train out, and direct it to come back in, at a later time at the same portal.

Or you can name a portal "in" to "out" ... and name the other portal to "out" to "in".

You can set them to come back loaded, or unloaded.
I just don't like having to tell the portal to produce the train.

Last edited:
I just don't like having to tell the portal to produce the train.

You could set it up using the schedule library, only trouble is it produces consists at random from the ones you've set up.
If you want a specific consist with locos you could set them up in surveyor and save them in the consist list then use the emit train now rule.

Last edited:
Back