Moving goalposts

sniper297

Coconut God
<KUID:522774:100141> - brakeman 50ft flatcar XP
<KUID:522774:100639> - Permissive double head invisible signal
<KUID2:522774:100169:2> - ChiMet FREIGHT 50ft flatcar MT
<KUID2:522774:100065:2> - ChiMet FREIGHT 50ft flatcar loaded lumber

According to a recent email there's something wrong with those four assets. Using Trainz 12 build 49922 I get zero errors or warnings on those. Skimming through the usual drama about the latest patch for TS12 I'm not really interested in going thru all the effort to update it, since TS12 never did work any better than 2010 for me. I assume the latest TS12 patch changed something else in the error reporting, but I honestly don't see any point in bothering with this nonsense. If N3V wants to constantly change the standards (which hasn't actually improved anything as far as I can tell) they need to create an automatic updating utility compatible with multiplayer and update all the built in content so it meets those same standards. As is, the whole mess is more trouble than it's worth.

The main error in SP1 is if you have any image references in the config.txt file that do not exist in the asset folder.

The other possible issue you may come across is if you have uniform (single) colour textures in your assets, which can be fixed using the latest version of PEV's Images2TGA tool (1.22), although don't try correcting alphas as it will have an unexpected and unwanted effect.

Shane

P.S. I haven't seen much of you lately on here. Is everything OK?

i hate to be that guy, but i do not agree that goalposts are moving. what is happening here is that the penalty for not reaching the goal is being made apparent.

i hate to be that guy, but i do not agree that goalposts are moving. what is happening here is that the penalty for not reaching the goal is being made apparent.

I have been able to make a few recent downloads useable in 49922 by changing the build version from 3.7 to 3.6. However, wether this fix would work on a universal basis we do not know at this time.

Nice to see ya Snipe!! I haven't made the leap to SP1. I'm staying where I'm at for now.

Cheers.......Rick

According to a recent email there's something wrong with those four assets. Using Trainz 12 build 49922 I get zero errors or warnings on those.

I got an email about one of my assets as well that showed as fine in TS12. What would be nice, since the system is automated and obviously can figure out that something is wrong, would be if it would specifically tell you what is wrong so you can fix it. With all of the hubbub about SP1 and all of the problems, I have not and will not update soon. I did find out that my faulty one had a missing thumbnail... somehow it had a thumbnail 0 which was ok and a thumbnail 1 that was empty.

Back