Dear Auran/NV3 or whoever

Jacobchgo19

Whos that guy?
Im going to take my thoughts public..

I have been playing Trainz since TRS 2006, and i have NOT experienced a worse copy yet with this SP1 Crap,
My list of errors:

Trainz going slower then a fat person climbing stairs,
Surveror is glitchy as hell.
All around? It sucks.

This game is my stress releaver, where i come when i have the time. My BP doubles after playing Trainz more then anything else, Do one of your little "Hot Fixes" or what ever to fix this, But i cant stand this anymore. 20 mins to load a route? Really. 15 FPS on a blank baseboard route? When my computer does up to 100 and always had before service pack one. Track taking 5 mins to move from point a-b? Scenery being slow? Get your act together, Or loose one very committed customer.

Anyone else? Insert your 2 Cents below,

From
Jacob Metzger
Chicago Seaboard Productions
JT&M
Amtrak Chicago
Chicago Joliet Eastern
NS Productions
J-Ball Productions,
(All my largest projects, CSBS, JT&M and a flurry of others (at least a 100) in Trainz 2006).
All the other ones ? Trainz 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Jacobchgo19
We are aware of the performance issues that some people have been experiencing in TS12, unfortunately it is an issue that we have had only limited success reproducing. We are, however, working on this for a future update.

However, can you please clarify what you mean by Surveyor being 'glitchy'? There's really not much that we can do to help unless you provide clear information.

Regards

Im going to take my thoughts public..

I have been playing Trainz since TRS 2006, and i have NOT experienced a worse copy yet with this SP1 Crap,
My list of errors:

Trainz going slower then a fat person climbing stairs,
Surveror is glitchy as hell.
All around? It sucks.

This game is my stress releaver, where i come when i have the time. My BP doubles after playing Trainz more then anything else, Do one of your little "Hot Fixes" or what ever to fix this, But i cant stand this anymore. 20 mins to load a route? Really. 15 FPS on a blank baseboard route? When my computer does up to 100 and always had before service pack one. Track taking 5 mins to move from point a-b? Scenery being slow? Get your act together, Or loose one very committed customer.

Anyone else? Insert your 2 Cents below,

From
Jacob Metzger
Chicago Seaboard Productions
JT&M
Amtrak Chicago
Chicago Joliet Eastern
NS Productions
J-Ball Productions,
(All my largest projects, CSBS, JT&M and a flurry of others (at least a 100) in Trainz 2006).
All the other ones ? Trainz 2012.

Permission to speak "freely"???

What kind of computer are you using? CPU? Graphics/GPU? How much RAM? Type of hard drive(s)? Onboard or dedicated sound? This might "paint" a better picture about your problems.

I am using an Intel i7 975 Extreme @3.75Ghz, for graphics I have the Zotac 3GB GDDR5 GTX580, and (not showing off or bragging) 24 GB of Patriot's DDR3 tri channel RAM. Dual SSDs (Corsair Force 3) in RAID0 and dual Western Digital Raptors (500GB each) in RAID0. I have seen improvements in graphics, which contradicts your statement. However, I have had problems with sounds, even though I have a dedicated SoundBlaster (Titanium Fatal1ty) sound card. Please, post your computer specifications. Thanks.

Paul

funny i think performance is somewhat better in this release. i cant really compare it to 2006 because i had a far different computer way back then.

What's with the 8 lines of life story under the name?

You might be sick of this SP1 crap, but I'm sick of this SP1 complaining crap

Jamie

Everyone probably has a different computer. Let them have their say. Like it's said, if six different people with their own computer ran a game, you would probably get six different opinions about the performance, and of course, they're all true. :)

Cheers

AJ

TS12 SP1 + hotfix runs much the same on my computer as the original TS12. Sometimes routes are slow to load but I think that is a problem with my disk controller chip on the MoBo. Other programs can be slow to load at times as well.

I can zoom around in Surveyor with scenery and stuff popping up much as before. I'm using OpenGL and haven't tried DirectX.

Last edited:
ActiveX? Sounds like Internet Explorer to me....

Meanwhile, the OP's post is one of those I've been trying to help reduce the chances of with my thread in the TS12 forum, as it does not help anyone if the issues are not backed up with clear information.

Shane

Good Morning Jacobchgo19
We are aware of the performance issues that some people have been experiencing in TS12, unfortunately it is an issue that we have had only limited success reproducing. We are, however, working on this for a future update.

However, can you please clarify what you mean by Surveyor being 'glitchy'? There's really not much that we can do to help unless you provide clear information.

Regards
-I can add a little to the surveyor glitchy-ness. I created a new route, one base board, nothing on it. I first input my settings and I couldn't change the sky and water, just wasn't any options. More importantly, every time I now go into surveyor, the loss of all the shortcut keys. They just don't work. (I have seen in the options where I can set all the shortcuts, but this is not the issue) So I have to click all my options which sucks. Whats weird though, its not always like that. I do a lot of alt-tab out of game, sometimes it fixes itself and I am able to use shortcut keys. A few places where I was able to hit enter, is now gone. Point is, its pretty glitchy now. There is a lot more clicking to do now than using shortcut keys which is much more time consuming.

-Joe

I've been running a backup install of TS12 with SP1 and the hotfix, and so far everything has been positive. I like the automatic updating, it's nice to see a "0" in the "Download Content Updates" window. And the issues with joining of tracks has been resolved, which I'm especially pleased about. I'm ready to apply the patches to my main installation.

I'm sorry not to see an indication of the active layer in Surveyor, something which a lot of us were hoping for.

BTW while I'm here, how do you hide the junction overlays in Driver, gobally and permanently, please???

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Back