SP1 - Some payware didn't auto redownload from DLC...

meatloaf747

Spotter...
Suggestion to all that plan to download & install SP1. I would recommend you make/take a complete copy of your existing TS2012 directory before installing SP1. Either onto an external USB drive or another drive in your PC. That way if anything goes wrong, you can delete the updated SP1 version directory and copy back your pre-SP1 version DIRECTORY.

The problem I encountered is the "Re-download all purchases" feature didn't re-download Murchison 2 & two other payware packs, for some reason. It re-downloaded S&C & one other payware item OK, (200megs & then 800megs, approx) but not Murchison 2 & the others. I have the original 2009/2010 Murchison 2 disk & SERIAL NUMBER, but it won't allow me to re-install it.

The screen I get when I try to re-download M2 is "Refresh and re-download all purchased content" "Success. All purchased content should be available for use"

When I looked in "Options" - "Configure Trainz" - "Product Key": four out of six payware contents key numbers are showing; "Invalid Product Key". The only two serial numbers that are still showing as being correct are Trainz Simulator 12 (57635) & Blue Comet Content Pack (44355). Which begs the question, why did S&C re-download OK and will run OK!!!

I've now deleted the supposed FOUR "Invalid Product key" numbers and tried to re-enter the same correct original Product Key numbers and it comes up with: "You have not entered a valid Product Key. Please check that you are entering English characters" The four lots of payware Product Key numbers are correct and all were accepted OK and where working OK pre-SP1... They are ALL still working OK in my pre-SP1 version of TS2012.

As I think M2 is one of the better routes out there, I'm hoping to get this issue sorted out as soon as possible. Hopefully the issue will be resolved in the hot-fix...

If anyone else has had a similar problem, and has found a solution, then please, I'd luv to hear from ya...

Overall I'm happy that I installed SP1. As the saying goes in life, sometimes "a little pain, a lot of gain"... or no pain, no gain...

(I have a couple of backup copies of pre-SP1, so I can always revert back to one of them if the issue isn't resolved in a few weeks)...

Happy Trainzing.

Cheers, Mac...

PS; I've just checked again and it appears that four payware items haven't auto re-downloaded. I assume it is because the four item "Product Key numbers" are now showing as "Invalid" in where you enter the Product key numbers... All four product key numbers are correct, but for some reason after installing SP1, TS2012 now thinks those payware Product key numbers are now invalid. Got me stumped !!!

Last edited:
My Murchison 2 came down yesterday, two days after the initial install. I have a bunch of sessions with a missing dependency though that I can't update. This is the 6-wheel bogie dependency that one of Zec's content references. It sees it up on the DLS but it comes back red.

John

Likewise, I too have the same issue with it missing the following "Pre 1900's 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec - KUID:404079:1030 - it is on the DLS, but just flat out refuses to download this, even downloading it via FTP, it tells me the item in 'built in' and will not be overwritten - if its built in, why can't it see it? :p

Hi Mac,

Suggestion to all that plan to download & install SP1. I would recommend you make/take a complete copy of your existing TS2012 directory before installing SP1. Either onto an external USB drive or another drive in your PC. That way if anything goes wrong, you can delete the updated SP1 version directory and copy back your pre-SP1 version DIRECTORY.

Keeping backups is always a good suggestion!

The problem I encountered is the "Re-download all purchases" feature didn't re-download Murchison 2 & three other payware packs, for some reason. It re-downloaded S&C & one an other payware item OK, (200megs & then 800megs, approx) but not Murchison 2 & the others. I have the original 2009/2010 Murchison 2 disk & SERIAL NUMBER, but it won't allow me to re-install it.

Please make sure that you've entered your serial number into your Planet Auran profile on this website.

I've now deleted the supposed FOUR "Invalid Product key" numbers and tried to re-enter the same correct original Product Key numbers and it comes up with: "You have not entered a valid Product Key. Please check that you are entering English characters" The four lots of payware Product Key numbers are correct and all were accepted OK and where working OK pre-SP1... They are ALL still working OK in my pre-SP1 version of TS2012.

This is expected and correct behaviour (albeit the wording is a little misleading.) These addon packs are no longer installed via this method. Instead, the in-game DLC system will automatically download any content packs which are registered in your Planet Auran profile.

kind regards,

chris

Likewise, I too have the same issue with it missing the following "Pre 1900's 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec - KUID:404079:1030 - it is on the DLS, but just flat out refuses to download this, even downloading it via FTP, it tells me the item in 'built in' and will not be overwritten - if its built in, why can't it see it? :p

Could you please attach a screenshot of the asset in the CM listing, and also the log from when you tried to reinstall it and got that message? Thanks.

chris

Chris - Certainly happy to provide the information you requested, I'll do them immediately and post them here in step by step format for you to view, if that is acceptable.

*edit*

First screenshot showing the item in question is available via the DLS.

74b43831d17c798d551d915f9259824f.jpg

Second screenshot showing said item is 'update available'.

1a276771e7381bc4e0eaeafa14f75a37.jpg

Screenshot Three showing item as 'view asset dependencies', item shows as 'built in' so it *should* theoretically, work - since its 'available' and built in.

0a5865316ab056086cebe09905a83d6c.jpg

Screenshot four - showing the 'updated' item as downloaded as a CDP from the DLS, via FTP.

be07bb1e20b393c3b03e9b5e713abe10.jpg

CMP is 'set' so it will not 'overwrite' any 'built in' content by accident, as this has been personally witnessed to cause issues and grief - so if CMP 'sees' said CDP is 'built-in' it will skip the item in question. I hope this is of some help to you, and if you desire further information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
I have also got the same asset jammed as in open for edit, i can download version 2 via ftp to my hard drive and try installing it but still the same problem and since this is inbuilt content for Murchison 2 it now shows Murchison as missing content !. Also i still cannot download a clean copy of part 2 of Murchison upgrade as says 2 parts corrupt this despite everything off except link to downloading, not doing anything in the meantime and still trying to update part 2 so I am going round in circles trying to get this working, i have even tried running Murchison but half way through track vanishes etc so not correct. How many more 2gb downloads/reinstalling ts12 patching etc before i give up in frustration, If only there was a way to find the corrupt patch and delete it so I can run it again HELP!!

As an unrelated incident, I opened the offending kuid for editing, even though it claims its 'locked' - first facinating concept, can open 'locked content' - changed nothing, just looked at the config, but can not recommit said Item, as "I do not have permission" - now I've got to do a full restoration/repatch via backup of TS12, will be interesting.

As an unrelated incident, I opened the offending kuid for editing, even though it claims its 'locked' - first facinating concept, can open 'locked content' - changed nothing, just looked at the config, but can not recommit said Item, as "I do not have permission" - now I've got to do a full restoration/repatch via backup of TS12, will be interesting.

This is normal behaviour for any content that the game or the asset's creator doesn't wish you to modify for whatever reason. You should be able to 'revert' edits to such content, even though you can't 'commit' it.

cheers,

chris

Correct me if Im wrong but if I remember correctly N3V content that is critical to the game is configured to prevent changes being committed.

Shane

G'day Chris, tried that path mate, no dice, kept telling me I didn't have permission to commit the item and 'revert to original/revert' is totally greyed out - looks like another overnight copy from the backup and repatch, lesson learned :)

This is frustrating

For days now I have been trying to download Murchison 2 I still cannot download a clean copy of Murchison upgrade as says 2 parts corrupt and not installed. When I go for re download assets that I have paid for I get a wonderful window saying "Success all have been downloaded". Despite this a window opens to start downloading part 1 and part 2 of Murchison. I cancel part 2 and just let it down load part 1. After a long time it completes with an error message that the file is corrupted and did not install. This is the 4th time this has happened. The other items that I have paid for did download previously.

What is all the hassle with the Murchison asset and downloading?

Hi Mac, Please make sure that you've entered your serial number into your Planet Auran profile on this website.
chris

Hi Chris,

Thankyou for replying. After 12+ years of Trainzing, maybe I'm missing something here. I've purchased 8 to 10 items of payware from NV3 over the last few years. All have been great value for money items, as I have managed to purchase most of these items during one or more of your incredible sales. Things like Murchison 2 (2009/2010 Ver), S&C, Carbon City, loco ad-don packs, etc, etc...

Now I haven't entered any of these "serial numbers/product key numbers" into my "Planet Auran profile" I have install and entered the "product key numbers" into the right place in my TS2012.

As a result, I have been able to enjoy and play; Murchison 2, S&C, Carbon City & all of these payware loco packs in TS2012 pre-SP1. (this has helped make me a very happy camper)!!!

Now, so that I have this correct, are you know saying that I should have/need to enter these four "product Key" numbers somewhere else. If so, could you please show me where I need to enter them.

Many thanks,

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Chris - Certainly happy to provide the information you requested, I'll do them immediately and post them here in step by step format for you to view, if that is acceptable.

Excellent job. Some of the icons are a little small but I think I can make everything out.

One point of confusion here is that there are multiple versions of the same asset in those lists; the original asset <KUID:404079:1030> is indeed available on the download station, but is out of date. If you ask CM to download either this or the successor, <KUID2:404079:1030:1>, it will instead select the latest version of that same content, <KUID2:404079:1030:2>. This version, from what I can see, is installed already.

So, all of the above screenshots make sense and do not immediately ring any alarm bells. There may be some confusion over the 'view dependencies' (ie. does it list the assets as specified, or does it list the latest version of said assets?) I don't remember the answer to that off-hand and it may be important here. From the look of it, it is listing the version as specified, even though you have a newer version installed.

So my next question is- what exactly are you seeing as incorrect behaviour? Are you misunderstanding the relationship of KUID2 versioning in the above situation, or is there a follow-on problem that is caused by what we are seeing here?

thanks again,

chris

I haven't entered any of these "serial numbers/product key numbers" into my "Planet Auran profile" I have install and entered the "product key numbers" into the right place in my TS2012.
Now, so that I have this correct, are you know saying that I should have/need to enter these five or six "product Key" numbers somewhere else. If so, could you please show me where I need to enter them.

Yes, exactly right. In the blue menu at the top of this web page, you will find a link entitled "Planet Auran". Click that to visit your account profile. On the left side of your profile, under the "Trainz" category, is a section entitled "Serial Number". Click to that section. Now on the right, you will see an area to enter each product's serial number. Be sure to select the correct product for the serial number, or your entry will be rejected. Your serial numbers that have already been accepted will show up at the bottom.

This process lets our online systems know about your purchases. You've obviously experienced this before with the Trainz products, because the banner under your forum name shows a whole slew of registered products :) Our payware DLC is exactly the same.

kind regards,

chris

Chris: I had an epithany, and please correct me if I am wrong, the item in question is asking for the 'old' KUID format of the e-spec, but CMP is 'programmed' to find the 'newest' version and obtain this, but the original item has no 'knowledge' of this newer vresion, and as such its 'thinking' that it wants that one, not the newest revision number (this being rev 3). Viewing its dependencies, it specifically states the original KUID ID only, being KUID:404079:1030 as the 'necessary' KUID ID for the item, even though KUID2, revision 3 is available and installed (hence obsoleting the older version/s). This may well be an unintentional oversight, as right or wrong, even with the 'newer' version, CMP complains that its not 'correct' it wants the V1 version - if this makes any sense?

*edit* I could have posted the original sized screenshots, but they are quite 'large' at 1280x1024 resolution, but if you wish them, I'd be most happy to provide them for you :)

Problem Chris is the asset - VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - BG <kuid2:103475:10008:2> is refusing to recognize <KUID2:404079:1030:2> which is installed as part of the Murchison. So both VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - BG and VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - SG show as missing assets because they want the original asset <KUID:404079:1030> instead of substituting the upgraded version. This places 9 sessions of Murchison 2 as having missing dependencies.

The config.txt is asking for the original like it is supposed to and stubbornly refusing to follow Trainz code to move up the updated versions.

For days now I have been trying to download Murchison 2 I still cannot download a clean copy of Murchison upgrade as says 2 parts corrupt and not installed. When I go for re download assets that I have paid for I get a wonderful window saying "Success all have been downloaded". Despite this a window opens to start downloading part 1 and part 2 of Murchison. I cancel part 2 and just let it down load part 1. After a long time it completes with an error message that the file is corrupted and did not install. This is the 4th time this has happened. The other items that I have paid for did download previously.

What is all the hassle with the Murchison asset and downloading?

Welcome to the club Spruce !

Chris: I had an epithany, and please correct me if I am wrong, the item in question is asking for the 'old' KUID format of the e-spec, but CMP is 'programmed' to find the 'newest' version and obtain this, but the original item has no 'knowledge' of this newer vresion, and as such its 'thinking' that it wants that one, not the newest revision number (this being rev 3). Viewing its dependencies, it specifically states the original KUID ID only, being KUID:404079:1030 as the 'necessary' KUID ID for the item, even though KUID2, revision 3 is available and installed (hence obsoleting the older version/s). This may well be an unintentional oversight, as right or wrong, even with the 'newer' version, CMP complains that its not 'correct' it wants the V1 version - if this makes any sense?

Uhh.. largely correct, yes. The question is not so much what it is doing, as what you have described there is correct, the question is whether it's causing any problems.

To put it another way:

* If "the problem" is that CM is showing you the old version in the dependency list, when in fact there is a newer version installed, there there isn't really a problem. It could be argued that it should show you the newer version, and it could be argued that what it is doing is correct. Since neither one is really causing problems, I don't think we need to get into that.

* If "the problem" is that an item is being flagged as having missing dependencies, and is subsequently failing to load into Surveyor or Driver, then we have a legitimate issue. I didn't see that case in the screenshots you presented, but I may be misreading something. If you feel that this is the case, then please point out to me exactly where things are going wrong so I can look into it further.

*edit* I could have posted the original sized screenshots, but they are quite 'large' at 1280x1024 resolution, but if you wish them, I'd be most happy to provide them for you :)

I'm on a 27" mac at home so that doesn't really worry me. No point changing the above now but if you want to show further screenshots then perhaps just attach them at full resolution (or else; crop out the extraneous bits rather than reducing the resolution.)

cheers,

chris

Problem Chris is the asset - VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - BG <kuid2:103475:10008:2> is refusing to recognize <KUID2:404079:1030:2> which is installed as part of the Murchison. So both VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - BG and VR Z Guards Van - 6 Wheel - SG show as missing assets because they want the original asset <KUID:404079:1030> instead of substituting the upgraded version.

So you're saying that <kuid2:103475:10008:2> is showing missing dependencies? Ah yeah, I see the icon now, gotcha.

My first question to this would be: does an EDR fix this issue (sorry, I know those things are horribly slow to try..)

If you've already tried this, don't repeat it. Doing it multiple times won't help anything.

chris

Back