"Jerome & Big Thunder Mountain": a desert ore hauler 1920x1080

Rooneth3808

Ok, the official shot thread of my upcoming "Jerome & Big Thunder Mountain Railroad route". Some of you may have seen early shots popping up in the "USA screenshots" thread. These are newer but all are still Work-in-Progress (with heavy emphasis on background scenery at the moment).

Hope everyone enjoys them as much as i have enjoyed making them. :)

Company president and his closest advisor. F7's readying to depart with the next train back to the mine.

Part of the yard in Clarkdale. The AT&SF interchange is about 400 yards beyond the water tower.

Departing Clarkdale with an inspection car in tow (i was doing FPS testing with this train shortly after adding all the distant scenery).

Remains of the yard in Clarkdale. With the demise of most LCL and local service the yard has little use and is slowly being reclaimed by the desert. At least the new diesel service area on the other side of the tracks shows the railroad does invest *some* money.

Out on the line.

More later!...

~Roon

Fantastic, Rooneth! Spectacular work! :D I don't think I've ever been so interested in the desert! :hehe:
Everything looks tied in together masterfully :D... how is your frame rate, by the way? :p

Its also great to see some of our Trainz Forge fictional equipment being put to good use by such an epic route builder :p

Keep it up! :D
Cheers
Stevo

... how is your frame rate, by the way? :p

Its also great to see some of our Trainz Forge fictional equipment being put to good use by such an epic route builder :p

Keep it up! :D
Cheers
Stevo
Framerate drops to 25 when i have a long distance shot. I'm not happy with it right now. It is something i will have to work on and resolve. I love all the first generation content you guys put out on your site. Check it frequently to see if anything new has been added :).

that scenery... It looks just like I imagine Clarkdale and Jerome in their heydays when the mines were open. The one thing I did notice is that the ATSF interchange is a bit more than 400 yards from the clarkdale yard XD it's like 20 miles in the prototype XD, I've considered doing a modern day version of the Clarkdale (to ATSF interchange) route, but I've never been quite happy with my results due to a lack of aerials from google earth (can't get them to line up right.)

that scenery... It looks just like I imagine Clarkdale and Jerome in their heydays when the mines were open. The one thing I did notice is that the ATSF interchange is a bit more than 400 yards from the clarkdale yard XD it's like 20 miles in the prototype XD, I've considered doing a modern day version of the Clarkdale (to ATSF interchange) route, but I've never been quite happy with my results due to a lack of aerials from google earth (can't get them to line up right.)
Haha, well don't tell anybody, but the route is actually built on part of the Nevada Northern DEM by Fishlipsatwork (Ely - Shafter). ;) Clarkdale in my route actually sits where the town of Ely is, with the route roughly following the NNRwy line west towards the (both real and imagined) copper mines. None of this was actually done on purpose. The map just "looked right" when i was searching for something to start building the railroad on.

Pulling into the town of Jerome.

SD9 workhorses switching in the small yard.

More tomorrow. :)

~Roon

Very nice......I like how ya got the ELS working out there.....

To this day, all the ELS SD9's are on the deadline stored up in Wells MI.....Sad to see them go :(

Fantastic looking route, looks like it really captures the atmosphere of the south west!
Thanks. :)

Been working on several new areas that aren't screenshot worthy yet, but here are a couple older ones i still had laying around...

One of my favorites. The caboose sits on track no longer connected....instant office! ;)

The wooden gons on the hillside sit on the "mainline"...if you can call rusty, unmaintained, dry-rotted track a mainline.

The Jerome copper mine. The main customer on the railroad.

I seriously hope this can be released, it looks so friggin real it's... astounding. Should probably start coming up with a J&BTM f7 scheme ;)

Seconded, this is amazing! A real feel of the old west (from a foreigner's standpoint, anyway :hehe:)
I like how no modern double-stacks will ever been seen on this route, the wires are too low! :hehe:

Heres to more awesomeness! :D

Cheers
Stevo

I seriously hope this can be released, it looks so friggin real it's... astounding. Should probably start coming up with a J&BTM f7 scheme ;)
It will be released. :) And as far as the paint scheme is concerned i'm already in love with the NM&W F7's :p

Wasn't going to post any pictures today...but did another test run before calling it quits for the day so... (which also means these pictures aren't finished areas yet, especially the new town).

The mainline past Jerome that heads to the (new) town of Olson. This part of the line sees little traffic anymore and has a nice 2% grade. Its also missing all its detail scenery (aka rocks!)

New area. The town of Olson (well most of the town is actually behind the camera). Highest point on the railroad. End of the line.

Back